Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
i dont think i ever said welcome, so here ya are, :welcome: , nice truck man. Liking that hood!!!!! :bang:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
SWEEETRUCK!!:tayo: :tayo: Dude is that the hood that I posted the Ebay link to last week!? I may have the same one coming tomorrow :)
edit* actually i just double checked and mines slightly different its got a different *thing* at the front of the cowl like an insert or a grill piece. Is that a ram air hood?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
very nice truck...keep it up and post some updated pics of it when you get that hood painted.....i cant wait to see em

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWEEETRUCK!!:tayo: :tayo: Dude is that the hood that I posted the Ebay link to last week!? I may have the same one coming tomorrow :)
edit* actually i just double checked and mines slightly different its got a different *thing* at the front of the cowl like an insert or a grill piece. Is that a ram air hood?
its got the insert , just not bolted on yet im taking it off tonight so i can have it painted i just made sure it fit first , was a little low back by the hinges so i have to shim it and then flatten the hood out along the fender , and then tweak it upfront to get the corners to match up ( suck down ) and adjust the hood rubers down i`ll post soon , hope next week it will be done , thinking of painting the mud flaps to match while im at it , ,,,,

ps: its a goodmark hood i got it for 450 plus tax

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looks sick so far!!!

Now you need to bring her closer to mother earth!!!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Welcome. Honestly bro the hood is nice but its not functional...

You should cut it out before you paint it and make the scoop functional... otherwise its rice imo...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey turbizzy i agree with you i thought about it but i drive this thing every day , i get too much fucking rain where i live and beside if i need to drive function i`ll hop in my hemi charger 426 4 speed , if i have the need to race i`ll finish my 68 tubbed f 100 truck with a functional hood scoop , good intentions and all just not practical around here unless i want my engine to be a fish tank but it was a # 1 thought of the day ,,,, so all i can do is try to make it look fast for now

oh yeah the hood is painted and i bolted it on tonight , need some daylight for pics , post some tomorow

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Post some night time pics with shitty lighting foo, ask CodeRed for help lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imagine that , shitty night time pics are here i masked off the screen area on the scoop insert and painted the top so it apeared to be functional and have a opening im still thinking of other ways to open it up and keep this look , pics taken next too 7-11 gas pumps , all i needed was light , as you can see the first set of pics were too dark outside even with a flash

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts