Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Re: Fred's Lift Meet April 20-21

I have slipped discs and spasmattic muscle problems. Its great.

And im a housewife for now. Not sure what ill do this summer/when school starts and both my kids are in school....

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Re: Fred's Lift Meet April 20-21

Snags included:
Trying to get the lower control arm ball joint nut back on.
Main hub bolts being too long to sit flush with the 1" spacers so the rims wouldn't sit flush on them.
Trying to put the leaf pack back together without C-clamps.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Fred & Gunny-

I couldn't have gotten it all done in the time frame without your help. It was hella hard work. However, the end result was worth every minute. I'm glad you're happy with it D. Don't forget to come back out here in a couple of weeks so that I can check all of the hardware. Don't worry, it's standard protocol.

And a note to everyone else-

Guys, you missed a lot of fun. Im not hating. You just really have to try to get out here once in a while. As long as Gunny doesnt bring the bad weather, its worth it! lol. I may not be on here as often as I used to be. Other priorities and life in general cause things like this to take a back seat. But as I'm sure that Ski will now vouch for, there's not too much that I'm scared to tackle on these trucks. If I feel like I can't do it, I'll tell you. So before you go pay hundreds of dollars for labor to get a lift, a drop, a new system, or whatever else installed, let me know. Like the A-Team, if you can find me, I may be able to help!!! Lol. That's what we're here for. To help each other with stuff like this. I know it's difficult at times to break away from our daily routines. Just remember that anything worth doing, to our rides in this case, is going to require some sacrifice. And no, I do not mean young virgins or Barbies. Hahaha.

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Glen is awesome. If something stumps him, he'll figure it out. And his family is awesome, including "the boys". The Ford needs to be put up for adoption though :lol: I also hear he's running a shady used tire business from his garage (should have got a pic with them all stacked in there haha).

I foresee some more weekends at Glen's house for modding (a lot more simple than the lift) and hopefully some shows

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Thanks for the props bro. And you guys are always welcomed here. I'll pass the word on to the family and the boys. Lol. The ford will be up for adoption as soon as he saves some cash up and finds another ride. Lol.

More mods are coming! Yes, hopefully they'll be a bit more simple than the lift but we'll get the accomplished either way. Just FYI, as soon as I can get the new welding setup, my truck will be going into the "under construction" category at the shows. �� So until then, its spring and almost summer,bring on the mods guys!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I feel all fuzzy inside... What's that? I tink I shed a tear! It is truly amazing with what little we had and still got it done. Yes, the weather tends to hate me for some reason. :shrug: I don't mind helping. It tends to help me learn new things. (Like how not to undo a leaf pack without it being clamped down!) I will slowly get there and the right peeps sure wont let me go astray. Y'all really are like family. I would give you guys my left nut if it came down to it! Anyways will get back on here later to discuss new agendas.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 70 of 70 Posts