Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I don't see specs on the site. Go to the Pioneer site and look for physical dimensions to see if one is longer (deeper) than another.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are exactly the same dimensions. I guess I'm making my purchase. Thinking i'll go with the first one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an AVHX3500BHS; which is similar in size. There is a metal tap on a bar (in the area the radio goes in the dash) that will interfere with the depth of some radios. I had to remove it for my radio to fit; this was very easy to do by moving it back and forth. I think this piece is just tack welded on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my new head unit. Going to install it tonight. How many people here disconnect their battery when installing a head unit? I never have. I changed head units in my s10 all of the time with the battery still hooked up. Never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Should be fine as long as you're not touching hot and ground together.

Plus it makes the job go by faster by not disconnecting then reconnecting the battery. You need that extra time for all of the wire harness connections you need to make.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have the x1500 i love it. however if you use your ipod with it you'll need to buy a different cord other wise you'll get error codes up the ass. the cord i bought was this:
Pioneer Corporation CDIU51 - Best Buy

im sure any pioneer unit is like that though. but then again im not 100% sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts