Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a power lock and keyless entry kit and finally got it installed and working.

except the last couple of days at work I would come out and it would be unlocked and I double checked to make sure it was locked when I went in. I thought maybe someone elses remote was doing it, but last night it happened at home. There's really only one or two driveways within range of mine.

Today it did it at work, twice. Now I've been home for 4 hours and it hasn't done it? are these remotes really generic or what? I need to fix this asap.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
The fact that it is doing it at multiple places is weird, are you maybe hitting the button in your pocket by accident? I had an alarm once that would go on and off when the guy down the street used his garage door opener, but if that was the case it should only do it at one location
I'm starting to think it was just at work, and maybe I forgot to lock it last night at home.

But if it is at work, and its someone elses ish doing it, what can I do to fix it?

EDIT:
ok, so it hasn't happened at home again. and I parked in a different location at work and it was fine today.

so it must be someone that parks close to me at work. I like my normal parking spot though, it there anything I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm...

If you parked in a different spot, I'd think it was someone around you...maybe they have their shit set to the same frequency?

You said you "got a kit," is it generic? What brand is it? Who put it in?

I would go back to the same spot and not who parks around you...then, try your remote on their cars. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
generic kit. I bought online and installed it.

There's a ton of cars in the parking lot, and I don't really care who's car it is. Is there a way to change the frequency? Theres a input for external RF on the keyless entry module, but the place that sells my kit doesn't sell "external RF".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts