Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting the airbagit notch and will need in welded in, I'm in nc, near mooresville. Anyone know of somewhere local?

On a side note, what happened to Carolinas355?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Best shop I know of in NC is Metal Worx: Home

There was a bunch of drama with the Carolina355 group.....so that issue was fixed

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I'll be second in line, need mine welded in as well. I've been trying to talk with local car guys here in Columbia to see if I can find someone to do it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metal work is a no go for me, $700.. all day job. Shop of little horrors was doing them for $275. If I don't go that route I may just do it myself

·
Registered
56 Posts
Drill holes, bolt it and then if you are comfortable doing it, weld them in as well. Double security. That is what I did on my S10.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Metal work is a no go for me, $700.. all day job. Shop of little horrors was doing them for $275. If I don't go that route I may just do it myself
Little Shop did another OG members truck here for $400. After the finished the shop they honored they quote, but the stated they wouldn't do another one that cheap again.
@onelow1ton helped me do mine...........it was an all day project. Kenny had the shop space and tools. It was a group effort. After he tacked in the second one I welded it in.......it was awesome to get to throw some beads down on my truck
@BlackZQ8 - Scott move or come up for a weekend and maybe the 3 of us can knock it out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Little Shop did another OG members truck here for $400. After the finished the shop they honored they quote, but the stated they wouldn't do another one that cheap again.

@onelow1ton helped me do mine...........it was an all day project. Kenny had the shop space and tools. It was a group effort. After he tacked in the second one I welded it in.......it was awesome to get to throw some beads down on my truck

@BlackZQ8 - Scott move or come up for a weekend and maybe the 3 of us can knock it out.

I've seen Kenny's truck and his Jeep. I would trust him on my truck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So little shop put the price up over $400 now? I'll have to give them a shout.

if you guys are serious about getting together pm me. I'm perfectly comfortable welding my own, but my welder is in TN and it's just not cost effective at this point to go get it.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts

I've seen Kenny's truck and his Jeep. I would trust him on my truck
I've seen Kenny's work on here. I'd be down to do it if he is cool with it, since it's his shop and skills :true: @1BADI5 I can let you know next time I plan to head up, and maybe go from there :shrug:

So little shop put the price up over $400 now? I'll have to give them a shout.

if you guys are serious about getting together pm me. I'm perfectly comfortable welding my own, but my welder is in TN and it's just not cost effective at this point to go get it.
There's another member in NC that needs it done. Ryan @ChevyNOOB needs it done and has talked to Will @banditz about doing it, but neither get on here very often. Join the Carolina Chapter and maybe we could discuss a notch meet more in there

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
I'm in spotsylvania va send me a pm if you want to come up my way . I don't get on here very much right now and don't get emails from the tags/mentions but do get them from pm or hit me up on Facebook kenny gass

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I'm in spotsylvania va send me a pm if you want to come up my way . I don't get on here very much right now and don't get emails from the tags/mentions but do get them from pm or hit me up on Facebook kenny gass

@onelow1ton

I only mentioned your name based on abilities. I know if a few trucks got lined up for a weekend.....you could make some loot in the process. We defiantly know more hands is helpful.

A weekend Notch meet in the spring? I'll take the time off to help

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
@onelow1ton

I only mentioned your name based on abilities. I know if a few trucks got lined up for a weekend.....you could make some loot in the process. We defiantly know more hands is helpful.

A weekend Notch meet in the spring? I'll take the time off to help
You know I'm always down to help @1BADI5 . I'm starting to bag jays truck Saturday , once he's truck is done I'll be getting back on the wagoneer but I got two bays clean in the garage now so doing some notches is not a problem.

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
Any one every make any headway on this? I'd like to put an airbag it notch on my truck and in all about getting together and helping everyone out. I just moved to NC and have no shop space or tools with me.

Edit: I called around and got a bunch of outrageous near $1000 quotes. I refuse to pay that much just because I don't have a shop available and a few hands.

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts
Any one every make any headway on this? I'd like to put an airbag it notch on my truck and in all about getting together and helping everyone out. I just moved to NC and have no shop space or tools with me.

Edit: I called around and got a bunch of outrageous near $1000 quotes. I refuse to pay that much just because I don't have a shop available and a few hands.

Holy what... I've never heard anything like that before..

I'd ask how much to just cut and weld the notch if you can get the bed off and do the prep work yourself.

This way they don't have to take the bed off/sand or remove paint/ any of that.. Only cut the brackets off/cut the shape/weld the already fabricated notch..

Just an idea, I hope you can get it figured out. That's crazy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
Yeah. Three shops gave about the same quote. I even explained in detail how the notch. Was pre fabbed and all that jazz. I'd do it myself but like I said. No shop or tools.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts