Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic flares on my Colorado have started to fade due to the lovely Florida sun. I am considering painting them so they hold color longer. I know using some sort of bedlinning material would be best but I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. I have considered Plastidip, just regular black spray paint, and also flat black primer. I am not sure how they will hold up in the long run. Thanks for all suggestions or comments!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I did some low gloss engine enamel on my wheeles and flares. It's been on for three years without any fading knock on wood. I'm not sure how much longer your wanting to have it due to the new rado coming out. I anticipate you want one lol. With that said as long as you sand down the old shit and get a good few coats I don't see why it won't last a few years as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Plasti Dip has help up on my end pretty well.....the preparation was key tho

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just got mine very recently so I'll have it awhile. The new ones do look sweet though. @1BADI5 is the prep for plastidip the same as @Nor*Cal Colorado said just making sure to sand it down?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I didn't sand them, I used a green scotchbrite pad and that orange degreaser. Once dry I went over them again with some alcohol...then went to town with the Dip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts