Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 355 Nation!
Been using this forum for months now as I've just picked up a 2009 Colorado. Thank you for all your information!!!! The truck has 84000kms. Yes you read correctly kms.
4x4 i5 3.7 Z71 Crew Cab. Dark Grey.
265 70 17 k02 - tire pressure is perfect on all 4.
2" torsion bar lift front, 2" shackle lift on back.
I use regular gas, nothing special.

I'm getting about 400km/250m on a full tank. That's 21.5l/100km / 10.9mpg. I do 70% highway 30% city/town driving.

I'm convinced this isn't good and I can get better. I just had my exhaust manifold gasket replaced. The mechanic said that could have been messing with an 02 sensor but I'm still getting the same fuel economy ( stated above ). What can I do ? I absolutely love my truck and want it to last.

Help me 355 nation
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Car

Aircraft Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Nation.
Find someone with a scan tool that can read live data and have them check short term/long term fuel trims and O2 sensor readings. The mileage is a bit low to expect a deteriorated O2 sensor, but it could be defective. Are those stock size tires? Find a phone app that shows speed and compare the reading with your speedometer.
Ok thank you. I'll will try this! And yes I believe there are stock tire sizes ( I see the psi sticker on the inside of the door and it's listed ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, if the size is on the door frame decal, they would be stock. That is real low mileage for a 12 year old truck. Do you know the history?
It really is in amazing shape. Bought it this past summer from a couple that work in the oil fields in the west coast of Canada. They owned 5 vehicles. The owner has every single receipt for every oil change, tire rotation, etc. This is a real gem. Worth it to me to replace some parts if I can get better gas mileage.... O2 sensors, spark plugs, coils, engine tune, etc... I just don't know if any of this stuff really helps. Do you have any experience or knowledge with any of those replacements?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts