Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulling the trigger on a SAS, found an axle that's out of a 76 k5. Rear is out of a rodeo. Plan is to run run 44044 leafs. Nothing crazy! This is my first expireance with anything like this so I'm gunna probably be asking a decent amount of questions. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Sky-manufacturing.com has all your steering needs. I used them for mine. Got my steering ujoint from Woodward steering.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the front end components are up for sale if anyone wants them. Front diff is regeared to 4.10s literally never used... New rack (500 miles on it) rancho lift, maybe has 6k on it.
What are you SAS guys running for front shocks?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'm running universal bilsteins.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little update. Ordered 4.88 gears with rebuild kits, rims and tires last night 37x12.5 16.5 and basic D windows I believe were the name. The only thing left is the bar for the top of the flat top knuckle and shocks. I also have to pick up my axle. It was just removed last night from the K5

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
damn nice man!! Post lots of pictures, we can never get too many pics haha.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the IFS all cut off except the crossmember and rear LCA mounts. Test fitted the axle/springs. Need to order 3" bushings for the 44044 springs tho. Really stupid how they come with different sizes in them.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the front hanger tacked in. What should I set the shackle angle at? Without the axle or any weight on the springs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got 1 "c" off tonight. Probably the least enjoyable thing ive done so far. The rear is on it's own weight. Still need to redo the gas tank? Crossmember. Plan is to have the front axle somewhat put back together so I can bolt it in. Ring and pinions + install kits will be here by this weekend same with the fiberglass.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts