Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1193 Posts

·
The LED Dude
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, not often I really get pumped about things but I just installed the ported throttle body for the 2.9l on cody's red truck. I cannot express how much different the truck feels. ANYONE wanting more performance for very little money needs to try this mod. I stake my reputation and word on it. I am not kidding you, it responds as well as my 3.7L. I have an order into James for another ported tb for the 3.7L and should recieve it shortly. In addition to the port James adds bearings instead of bushings on the butterfly and greases everything liberally prior to sealing things back up.
This my friends is the real deal. Dont waste your time and money on CAI or filters without trying this. I am impressed to say the least.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I was I had gotten one at the NESM last year, but I had already bought a bunch of stuff during the meet!

How much were they again?

·
NEC Skunkworks mod squad
408 Posts
Guys, not often I really get pumped about things but I just installed the ported throttle body for the 2.9l on cody's red truck. I cannot express how much different the truck feels. ANYONE wanting more performance for very little money needs to try this mod. I stake my reputation and word on it. I am not kidding you, it responds as well as my 3.7L. I have an order into James for another ported tb for the 3.7L and should recieve it shortly. In addition to the port James adds bearings instead of bushings on the butterfly and greases everything liberally prior to sealing things back up.
This my friends is the real deal. Dont waste your time and money on CAI or filters without trying this. I am impressed to say the least.
:true:

I to have a 3.7 and can't believe how much better my truck breathes since putting in a Supermod ported TB! That along with a HP tune from Gerry, my truck runs like it should. Very throttle responsive and shifts very solidly.:thumbup:

:355:

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
can i ask a stoopid question......is there any difference in the ones James is doing and the ones brewer was doing?

I have a brewer/handgunner tb.....curious as to what the difference is?

:shrug:

Glad you like it clint

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
supermod, with the ported TB, k&n intake and exhaust, would you reccomend a tune?
I will say yes! One you can have the torque management removed(more power) and the speed limiter removed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will say yes! One you can have the torque management removed(more power) and the speed limiter removed.
It depends. I think some of the newer ones dont require you to get tuned/retuned. Mine didnt. I think that was because the ported tb matched my engine size. (as in some for the 4 cyl are for a 2.9L, some are for a 2.8L, and the one i got was for a 2.8)

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
It depends. I think some of the newer ones dont require you to get tuned/retuned. Mine didnt. I think that was because the ported tb matched my engine size. (as in some for the 4 cyl are for a 2.9L, some are for a 2.8L, and the one i got was for a 2.8)
Well all I was saying is there is more power to be had with the tune alone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well all I was saying is there is more power to be had with the tune alone.
absolutely. I didnt mean to say that you were wrong, just that you can get one without having to get a tune as well......yet. A tune always helps.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
absolutely. I didnt mean to say that you were wrong, just that you can get one without having to get a tune as well......yet. A tune always helps.
Yeah one of the other guys in the Capital Chapter got one from James at NESM and he not tuned..........yet!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I will have mine in febuary and getting tuned by gerry. Also cai and flowmaster exhaust. Cant wait to see the gains in the truck.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I will have mine in febuary and getting tuned by gerry. Also cai and flowmaster exhaust. Cant wait to see the gains in the truck.
Oh trust me it will be worth it, especially once Gerry works his magic on your PCM!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
also on the early 07s, they ran a 3.5 tb on it. later in the year they made another one for the 07 and started running that. so not only is mine superfied, but its for the 3.7.

woop woop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Oh hell I'm totally involved in all this.

Right before SESM James mailed me a ported throttle body. Installed it at the meet. Steve tuned the truck the next day. Sadly I didn't drive the truck much to really test out the new addition. I wish I had. I know it made a difference though!

The tune was the wake up call though. Oh. My. God. First off, get rid of torque management. It was the bane of my existence. It's horrible! Second, I don't care who tunes your truck, but get it tuned ASAP. It's immediately noticeable!!! Make sure you let them know what all you've done. CAI, PTB, what octane you use (I stayed at regular).

·
Formerly JHartColorado
500 Posts
100 bucks plus shipping isn't bad.

so james do you send us the ported TB and then once we install we send our stock TB back to you??? for 100 bucks + shipping that'd be sweet to do as much as people are talking this mod up.

1 - 20 of 1193 Posts