Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1194 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
anyone have a before and after. I did this on my gto but it was a cable TB not drive by wire.
I just installed James PTB, ECM and supersparkz things, where you remove the springs and install copper things. I am looking at a post from 2009. The fuel mileage I got after the 50/50 mod. I went from 220-250 miles from all the fuel I could pack inside her to about 4 gallons remaining. Then after the mod, from almost full to 1/4 tank in 360 miles. Power a lot more.
Don’t have a clue on hp increase. Love the fact that I am getting better fuel mileage. And it doesn’t hurt to have the extra power when needed. Thank you James.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What’s the price on throttle body now and where to get one from. He has them on eBay at like 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I was also wanting to know about having my 5.3 throttle body ported if I were to send it to you. Price and turn around time?

·
Administrator
8,894 Posts
What’s the price on throttle body now and where to get one from. He has them on eBay at like 250.

I was also wanting to know about having my 5.3 throttle body ported if I were to send it to you. Price and turn around time?

Have any further questions, you can txt or call me 732-690-6443

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
348 Posts

Got mine ordered today.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
06canyondriver,
You will not be disappointed with your upgrade.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Installed the new ported throttle body and supersparkz today. Nice little difference. Seems like it takes less throttle to get up to speed now. Would love to get the tune. But a little difficult with the truck being my DD and only vehicle.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
06canyondriver,
You can do the ECM upgrade in a hour or less. James sends you a “loaner ECM”, you swap out your ECM, install the loaner, send yours back to him to mod. Then, James sends yours back, you ship him the loaner back. A piece of cake. Just thought you might like to know the process. The way it stands now, you have 1/2 of the upgrade. I’am telling you the power increase is “awesome”!

·
Registered
348 Posts
06canyondriver,
You can do the ECM upgrade in a hour or less. James sends you a “loaner ECM”, you swap out your ECM, install the loaner, send yours back to him to mod. Then, James sends yours back, you ship him the loaner back. A piece of cake. Just thought you might like to know the process. The way it stands now, you have 1/2 of the upgrade. I’am telling you the power increase is “awesome”!

Oh ok. Didn’t realize it was that easy. I thought I’d vins didn’t match. Truck wouldn’t run or does he send loaner vin matched ? Wow. Sounds easy. What did it cost you for that

·
Registered
348 Posts
Modified factory air box to accept the K&n intake tube. Added an addition 3” air port to the box run over to the fender opening.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
You know I don’t remember what the individual componet costs were. Suggest you call James. And discuss prices/mods with him.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My ported throttle body is good but I have a problem on start up. Cold or warm. If I dont let it sit for at least 30 seconds to a minute and I hit the throttle it cuts out. Rpms drop down to 500rpm or lower then it idles back up and settles.
And I also have an issue where it takes rpms forever to settle. If I just touch the pedal it revs up and lingers there for 5 seconds or so and then slowly drops down. Something even during driving if I come up to a stop light. Clutch it its idling at 1000 rpm. I stop. And it will either drop as I come to a stop or I have to blip the throttle and itll settle back down. Feels like I'm kicking the choke off a carbureted car.

My initial thought here is the iac. I cleaned the throttle body several times. Sprayed cleaner in there while someone operated the throttle inside trying to get the iac to clean up and nothing.

Is there anyway to take the cover off the one side and open up to the iac? This is a huge annoyance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sounds like you’re getting extra air in there at times. I’ve never had any issues to take anything apart. But I’d think and iac would cause these issues.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Got mine finely done. Since I had low miles James had me send my TB to port. Very quick turn around time sent on a Tues and got it back following Mon. I just installed tonight and then started to rain so I didn't drive it but I did start it and idled it with a few revs. Seems good to go. Thanks Supermodel.

I have a order in for the sequential switchback drls that I'm patiently waiting for too.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Mr. BlackInBlack,
How did the mods perform after you drove it? On 4/29? Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Havent driven it yet. Have truck apart trying to get front bumper and flares over to line-x and trying to decide what to do with some rust on the fenders. Been really busy. I didnt even get to MESM this year.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I just wish someone would tell what it costs. Is it a big secret? I don't want to call and waste anyone's time. If it's $100, it might be worth it. If it's $500, I'll pass. I would just like a straight response. Don't understand the mystery.

1161 - 1180 of 1194 Posts