Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I just installed the ptb from supermod. I have a question. My truck is manual, 2.9 regular cab. when i installed it and let it run for 10 mins and took it for a test drive. backing out of the garage it revs up without me pushing the gas. it does this when i am moving or put it into neutral and it seems like it is dependent on my speed as well.

I know the engine revs up a little bit when in neutral at higher speed but only by maybe 200 rpm. It is reving up to just below 2000 rpm and just over 2000 rpm depending on speed.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Did you pull the pcmb fuse before installing the PTB?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i did. I followed the instructions supermod sent. do you have to put the pcmb and neg battery terminal back on in a certain order? I did drive the truck around cause i thought it might need to relearn but that was not successful.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
No it shouldn't matter what order you put them back. Send supermod a PM about the problem. It may take a bit for him to respond. You can try un hooking the negative battery cable again and let it sit for an hour or so then re connect and let idle again for 10 minutes and see if it clears up the problem

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna let it sit overnight. Could it be a vacuum leak? also the truck did not throw any codes and my scangauge says there are no codes as well.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I really hope thats not it.. I don't want to spend the money for a tune and i have an emissions test tomorrow...

T

·
0 Posts
Ask James for a mail tune, will be à lot cheaper than dyno tune. Tell him all the mods you have done TO your truck, and hé will tune your truck according TO them.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
I would think the high idle is due to the PCM having learned the "best" position for idle with your old TB and now it is re-learning the "best" position with your ported throttlebody. Forcing a re-learn by Supermods suggestion should work just fine or giving it some time to learn itself.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a ballpark estimate on the amount of time it would relearn itself?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
When I weeked the TB on my Tahoe it took a couple days for it to settle into place.

My 04 Colorado 3.5 was good with a with PCMB fuse pulled and the NEG battery terminal removed for a few hours.

Trucks are like people, they all react a little bit different then others

·
Registered
141 Posts
My truck did the same thing. Figured it needed to a tune and replaced the PTB with the stock TB. I'll get to the tune eventually

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, over the past day I have driven the truck a lot and it has improved a lot but still not 100%, but I suspect like others have said the truck is relearning. I talked to James and he told me to keep my old tb until it works correctly so I am probably going to ship it back Monday or Wednesday.
I will give an update on how its working in the next few days.

Thanks guys!!

·
fortune's a mistress
938 Posts
If you find a fix for this let me know. I also have his PTB, and a 5 speed (3.5). I had my truck tuned on the dyno and disnonnected my battery in the past for other issues. Still have this problem with it just holding rpms once I start the truck every odd morning. It's damn annoying. I probably installed this PTB August '13. 6 months and no "relearn" happened, then I got it tuned in January 14 and same issue to this day.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you checked for a vacuum leak? That could cause it.

Did it improve at all after you installed it or did it stay the exactly the same?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts