Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed my ported throttle body from Supermod. The throttle response is phenomenal! Anyway, I had a question. If simply porting/widening the throttle body creates such a positive result, such as claims regarding increased hp, and fuel economy, why don't auto companies just make them like that to begin with? I assume that the engineers are highly skilled and know what they are doing, so it a cost saving issue? I would figure the process of making a wider throttle body in the first place would cost the same. Or is it some kind of government regulation? Thanks!

:salute:

·
the guy that always on
3,241 Posts
They add material to reduce noise in the auto makers mind there going for comfort before peromance usually. it's the same thing with the intake resonator it reduces flow but it also lowers engine noise. Supermod also changes the brass bushings to ball bearings and tweaks the electronics for the throttle response

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
where did you get this info, not saying its not true, just he doesn't mention this on his PTB page?
I don't think he lists it on there but ask him about it, it's legit.
By the way I've been watching your avatar gif over and over for at least ten minutes haha

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
I don't think he lists it on there but ask him about it, it's legit.
By the way I've been watching your avatar gif over and over for at least ten minutes haha
Cool I believe its better as I have on myself just didn't know additional stuff was done other than porting so :th_woot:

and I love this avatar

Haha that avatar is awesome
favorite part is when he calls on his pokemon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts