Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Post-Holiday/Winter Springtime wehaven'tseeneachotherinforever Meet

6K views 336 replies 12 participants last post by  xscott71x 
#1 · (Edited)
It's been a long time since we've all got together. Now that our livers are (somewhat) healed from last time, let's do it again. (This time we will not be renting a cabin, or starting fires, in a national forest)

When: Friday, June 5 - Sunday, June 7, 2015
Where: Fifteen Mile Creek Campground, Little Orleans, MD https://goo.gl/maps/eju0H
Cost: $10/night for individual campsite (Max 8 people) or $20/night for the group campsite (Preferred) (Max 35 people)
Who:
Chris0nllyn - Chris
ahelm3 - Alex
JVAL - Joe
1BADI5 - Jeremy - MAYBE
radojim - Jim
Bykerbrad63 - Brad - MAYBE
Silver10can - Corey

Directions:

Your GPS should take you off of I-68 to Orleans Road (Exit 68)

Take Orleans Rd all the way to the end (5.5-6 miles give or take) where it meets High Germany Rd. Make a left onto High Germany Rd. You should see a canoe with a sign that says "Bill's Place".

You'll pass Bill's Place on your left after turning onto High Germany.

Keep going straight and go through the small tunnel.

As soon as you exit the tunnel, make a right.

Follow the road into the campground and you'll have to park in the parking lot on the left.

Once you park, walk the path across the bridge and our group campsite will be on the left.

Again, cell phone service is pretty limited, so text me when you're getting off I-68 and I'll try and meet you. My number is 443-624-1364 for anyone that doesn't have it.

View attachment 207673

Important:

If you are going to park your car/truck there, you have to fill out this form, print it, and put it on your dash while it's in the lot.

https://docs.google.com/a/nps.gov/forms/d/13MDCIFnc_lnp3CXPTzDiikf3kAD2wEMtgBVoaC7-yaQ/viewform

Area Parked: Fifteenmile Creek

For anyone wanting to go fishing:

You'll need a freshwater fishing license from MD.

They offer a 7 day non-tidal license for $7.50.

You can get it here (or any place that sells a MD license, like Wal-Mart once you're in MD): https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/DnrCompassPortal

UPDATE: June 6 is a "Free Fishing Day" in MD, and no license is required for Saturday.

See less See more
#4 ·
Dudes 3 day.................I need a break from all of the home front chaos

#9 ·
:lolhit: Alex.

I'm game for a Dude's 3 day weekend again! Date and time! (Granted my life is booked like mad through January with holiday stuffs and family in town and Katie's family in town and kids being born and etc etc. BUT the hard questions will be...dime or 355? HAHA

:bbq:

#11 ·
Agreed! We need Ed! And Jon, and Mark, and Boyd and...all the other OG SRC peeps. :lmaop:

Late May/ Early June works for me.

#13 ·
Haha. Fair enough. Perhaps a mini mod meet? I need to get these damn door pins replaced. I just can't get time to do it. :/

Hahaha. Oh I'm sure Boyd can hang just fine. :thumbup:

When the SRC and CapChap get together it's always a good time!!!

#14 ·
Yes, YES, and yes:drinking28:

#15 ·
:th_woot:

#19 ·
:( for single. :) for in!!!

#25 ·
Post Holiday :bump:

We still game?

#28 ·
I'm with this guy!

Someplace where we can shoot would be ideal...........since most of are armed infidels

#32 ·
@radojim

Gore, VA.......minutes from WV and about 1 hours from MD

It was fucking awesome out there.........its pretty much on top of a mountain

#35 ·
OH this could be so EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and guys with MTBs..........bring them too

#36 ·
I'm not 100% up on VA's gun laws. I know WV is pretty lax, but can I just roll up with a bunch of firearms and not be a fellon? haha (it would take an extra 45 so min to avoid Maryland)

#39 ·
While I don't blame you, you don't have to avoid MD. As long as you follow federal transportation laws (unloaded, in the truck, ammo separate) you'll be fine.

It sucks for us, because MD residents can't leave the state and come back with an "assault rifle", so we couldn't bring AR's.

Minus a few local places ( no where around Gore, VA) you're good to go.

Well I have a Utah CCW...........but out in that neck of the woods open carry is legit and legal!

I guess this will give me a reason to finally buy my shot gun.

If Chris can get the deal on this place...............you will not regret the trek. Those of you that made it to the cabin meet back a couple years ago.......this is even better.
Yep, I can concealed or open carry. Considering the local gas station sells gas, food, beer, and guns/ammo, it's pretty lax up there. :lol:

For those interested, this is the place.
Gore Vacation Rental - VRBO 3577084ha - 3 BR Shenandoah Valley House in VA, Relax, Restore & Revive Yourselves on the Great North Mountain

The owner (from what I heard) is cool as hell. Ex-Marine that has a range on the property. The house is 3 floors, and has TONS of places to sleep. It does have some white carpeting, so we'd have to take our shoes and shit off, but it also has a full bar downstairs, a heated pool, and hot tub, along with a backup generator (which didn't work when we woke up to no power :lol:) It also has 80 acres with some small ponds IIRC, so a MB ride or walk in the woods would be cool.

If we get enough people interested to offset costs (it sleeps 10, so around $100 per person for the weekend), and we figure out a date, I don't mind contacting the guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.