934 Posts
2006 GMC Canyon, Z85 4X4 extended cab.
18x9 Method Race Mesh | 4.50" BS
295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT
5" CST Lift, 3" PA Bodylift, Torsion bars -1" crank, 2" Shackles, 2" AAL
Hub to fender F: 28" R: 28" | Ground to fender F: 45" R: 45"
Bushwacker fender flares
Zero Rub
Trimmed body mount, and bash in rear of fender.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sub-model LT Z71 4x4
Tire Size 35x12.5
Rim Size 20x9 4.5 BS
Wheel Spacers NONE
Lift Height 47" fender to ground
Lift Components 4" skyjacker, 3" body lift, 2 " cranked TB, 3" rear shackles, skyjacker AAL
Flares/Fenders threw them bitches away
Trimming Requirements - front bumper
Any Rubbing not anymore!

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,784 Posts
I have updated the chart with Clutch and Castle's setups. Thanks guys!

·
Professional Lurker
577 Posts
This is long overdue, as I tend to simply lurk and then quietly wrench when nobody's looking
:)

Sub-model: Z71 2WD
Tire Size: 35x12.5
Rim Size: 20x9, offset 18, backspace 5.71
Wheel Spacers: no, but they did require a $15 hub adapter
Lift Height:
Lift Components: 4" skyjacker, 3" body lift, 3" crank (Max crank), 1" BJ flip, SOA rear axle conversion, 1" rear shackles
Flares/Fenders: Z71 flares
Trimming Requirements: cut body mount corner to achieve full lock on 35's
Any Rubbing: if I flex real hard at full lock going into an uphill I get a slight rub (occurs maybe once every few months, but I don't wheel it right now)

Additional Info: I had to have a crossmember cut to clear my driveshaft during the SOA conversion, my rear end sits approx 4" higher than my nose, as I netted more lift from the SOA than anticipated and the IFS can't go any higher. The TB's are cranked to full lock, it was about 3-3.5" at the time of the conversion. I'm currently sourcing parts for an SFA conversion to make the truck level again. IMHO, the shocks that came with my skyjacker kit are too short for my current set up, but have been functioning just fine (ride is just really harsh/tight). You can see the clearances of the crossmembers in the two photos. The crossmember that was cut is the 2nd crossmember that supports the fuel tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sub-model: Z71 4x4
Tire Size: 285/75/R16
Rim Size: H3 rims
Wheel Spacers: None
Hub to Fender: ~24.5" Front, ~24.5" Rear
Lift Components: Suspension Maxx keys/Shackles/1.5" BL
Flares: Z71 flares
Trimming Requirements: Removed front mudflaps
Rubbing: A little on the body mounts at full lock, will modify those later.

·
Ride, Boldly, Ride
551 Posts
Sub-model: Z85 2WD
Tire Size: 275/70/R17
Rim Size: 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II 4.5 inch BS, -12 Offset
Lift Components: Readylift SST Lift Kit-2.5 inch lift in front (1/2" upper ball joint spacers, 2 inch lower strut extensions)-1.5 inch shackle in the rear, 1 inch add-a-leaf, 3" PA body lift
Flares: Z71 flares
Trimming Requirements: Removed front mudflaps, trimmed front bumper slightly
Rubbing: At full lock, planning on getting wheel spacers to adjust for this

·
Registered
37 Posts
2005 z85 4x4
265-75-r15
2-1/2 inch TB crank, 3 inch shackles, 1-1/2 AAL
no flares (looking for some by the way)

had this truck painted but did not like the paint work...so ima repaint it again in 6 months or so. here are the pictures..ill post some more pictures when i clean the truck
:salute:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/atta...olorados-canyons-pics-img_20150110_180210.jpg
for some reason i cannot add pictures that i have posted on other threads :th_s52:

Attachments

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Sub-model: 2010 Z71 4x4
Tire Size: 265/70-17
Rim Size: 17x8 4.5" bs
Wheel Spacers: none
Lift Height: 26" hub to fender front/rear
Lift Components: 4" Rancho kit with custom bent leaf added between 2nd and 3rd leafs. Netted 1.75" additional rear lift.
Trimming Requirements: none, removed valence
Any Rubbing: nope

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 06 GMC canyon z71 with 265 50 r20 nitto Terra grapplers and no rub at stock height. Saw the z85 one figured I should add to it. 2wheel drive.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I think i've combed through this thread and the chart and didn't find anyone.
Does anyone have experience running 5" bs wheels with a 4" rancho lift kit? i know they recommend 4.75 bs with a 285 wide tire. i currently have 4.5 bs with a 275 wide tire. i want to go to a 20" 5" bs with a 285 tire.
it currently has roughly a .5" gap to the ball joint

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
2007 GMC Canyon
Z71 RPO
Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain 285/70/R17
17" Black Rock Yuma with 4 1/2" backspace and 8" width
No spacers, just hub centric rings
25" hub to fender on both sides
Skyjacker 4" lift with hydro shocks set back to factory installed t-bar bolt height
Z71 flares (OEM installed) removed lower bumper valance (the pointless 2" strip of plastic"
Trimming was required only on aft portion of fender wheel where flare meets the body. Basically had to trim a portion of the lining and then some of the Z71 flare right at the very bottom.
Rubbing was pretty bad where trimming was required and will still do it in some circumstances. Doesn't come close to sway bar, body mount or front bumper.
(****will add pictures in an update***)
Note:a body lift in addition to suspension lift would relieve rubbing right off the bat with no trimming required

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
285/70/17 TB crank , ball joint flip ( upper ) rear shackles/helper spring 5.31" back space
Not sure on total lift but I make almost all but one colorado localy look small next to mine .

Rubs sway bar @ full lock .

Wheel spacers on order 2" .

I love the look of your truck! What wheels are those and what size are they?

·
Registered
15 Posts
2009 z71 2.9, 2.5 rear add a leaf, 2.5 in front to crank, 31.9" kuhmo road venture mt, 265 75r16, 4.5 backspace 8" zero offset mickey tompsons, rancho 5000 plus 2" shocks, no rubbing, very close on front rear of fender, next weekend is bj flip with spacer, diff drop, tie rods inner outer, more tb crank then off to alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
2007 z85 3.5L 2wd
5" CST lift 3" PA body lift
2" rear shackle
17x9 fuel boosts 4.5" b/s -12mm offset
33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson Baja MT's
No Rub full lock
removed lower valence. No trimming

posted next to '12 silverado with a 9" mcgaughy lift kit on 33's

·
Registered
22 Posts
05 Colorado ls z71 4x4 3.5l
Bf goodrich a/t ko 33x10.5x15
factory wheels 15s
no spacers
2.5inch lift
shackles and torsion bar crank
z71 fender flares
rubbed on mud flaps when turning right, trimmed a little off and fixed the problem

·
252,000+ Miles
1,313 Posts
Sub-model 2005 Z71 4x4
Tire Size 285/75r16
Rim Size 16x8, 4.5" BS
Wheel Spacers - YES 1/4"
Lift Height (hub to fender measurement) 27" Front and 26-3/4" Rear
Lift Components 4" Rancho Front, 2-1/2" crank, BJ Flip w/spacer, 1600lb General Spring 2.5"x52" 5-leaf packs, MaxxShackles on center hole.
Flares/Fenders z71 flares
Trimming Requirements None
Any Rubbing? Without wheel spacers boot on upper Balljoint rubs on turns
Pictures

Build Thread Link http://www.355nation.net/forum/projects-build/56823-insanity-project.html
Other Important Details

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sub-model: Z71 LS 4WD
Tire Size: 265 x 75 x R16 31.7" diameter (Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T)
Rim Size: ProComp Series 7032, 16x8 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Flat Black
Lift Height: 39.5''
Lift Components: 2.5" Smaxx torsion key Crank, 2.5" Skyjacker AAL, Smaxx front/rear shocks
Trimming Requirements: removed Mud Flaps (Stock)
Any Rubbing: None

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like this is a pretty recent thread.....Anyone know how much lift do I need to install 15x7 AR Baja's -6mm OS (~3.75"BS) with 31x10.5 BFG AT KO's???? I've hear bunch of stuff ranging from "No, stock height is possible" to "At least you need to level the truck by cranking the TBs in order to avoid rubbing".

I kind of tried looking in the "lifted" excel chart linked in this thread but did not find a straight answer. Looking to add my ride to this thread!!!!

Please help, I'm looking to install these wheels in a couple of weeks......

Tito. P.S. Any recommended shocks while I'm at it??? THANKS guys!

NOTE: As soon as I finish the mod, I'll delete this post or edit it with the new pictures so I don't get charged with creating clutter in the thread lol

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Are you 4x4 or 2x4? If you are a 4x4 you will probably be ok with just some torsion crank to level. Hoping a Z85 guy will jump in to say for sure. If you are 2x4 I think you need at least a coil spring spacer and maybe a shackle or AAL in the rear. Like I said not for sure, but someone else should chime in.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts