Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

POTM, is it dead?

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  USNavyColoradoOwner 
#1 ·
I see that the last entry was from 2014, are we still doing this? Should we bring it back?

#2 ·
I tried to bring it back but everyone seems lazy and doesn't wanna go out and get a quality photo for the entry.

#3 ·
its a shame. I love going out, spotting a bad ass location and snapping a pic or two. what if @blurred used the POTM entries for the banners? It could be a good way to get more people active in it. I know id try like hell to make the banner lol.

#4 ·
That would be cool. Some one needs to commit to running this section and keeping it up. and maybe we could get a few entries. Start of small. Like your truck at mcdonalds. And then have the forum vote on the best looking picture. And let the winner pm the mod the next topic and so forth and so forth.

#9 ·
I've been so busy with work and client shoots that I haven't had much time to go out to just shoot. Hell, I don't think I've pointed either of my DSLRs at my truck in over a year!

I want to do an updated version of this shot

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
I think one of the problems is that nobody wants to put in the effort for quality photos like mentioned above. Today's 'quality' is usually based off of how new your phone is and if you feel like getting out to actually take a picture.
Sure they can take a good photo and you can HDR the crap out of it and post it but it's still jut a cell phone shot.
Photos worthy of an award, in my opinion, is making the effort to find a location and composing some photos.

I actually took this today, with a cell phone. Too many shadows. No depth. etc.
And I had finished a mountain bike ride and decided to roll up on the rocks.

I think having entries would be fun to see. As long as the effort is there and they have some level of quality.
With that said, many newer cell phones seem to take better photos than "auto" on my DSLR. I don't remember how to turn on my DSLR either. haha

#16 ·
fuck it man, i want to bring this back again. getting out there and taking photos again was so much fun. can someone start this back up? I wouldnt mind running it if no one else wants to but i dont want to take anything away from any one

#17 ·
Hell I'll take over. I'd be limited on what I can edit unless someone makes me a mod of just this section. So I can edit post and titles if I need to. Lets start this Sunday. Give those who want to go out and actually get a shot, go get one. I also say as long as your a member on the site and you have a Colorado as your daily, but if its down and you have another daily doesn't matter what it is you can use that as a entrant. It's just a photo contest for crying out loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.