Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to formally announce that I will be taking part in bringing back the POTM Thread. Thread will start next month on 8-15. In which will give those that would like to participate a chance to go out and take the "Best Photo" for the contest. As it was before, there will be no prizes for those that win, just bragging rights.

On 8-15 I will start the first thread, by then entries can be submitted. On 9-1 the thread will be locked and the voting poll will begin.

Hopefully this will spark interest again! Thank you.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
What will the first month's 'theme' be?

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I'm gonna need to learn my camera now :lol:

IMO the 'theme' shouldn't necessarily have a 355 in the shot. That is what the picture challenge game thread is for. I think a theme like landscape/cityscape, sunset, or trees/nature is good for this contest. However, it doesn't mean your ride can't be in the shot. This should be about showcasing good pics from the members who have a good eye for the perfect shot. I am glad you are taking this over since I never had a chance to participate before, and look forward to making an effort to compete.

It's your thread, so you call the rules, hope you don't take this the wrong way. KCCO :thumbup:

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: I'm all in for opinions, just doing my homework before things get going. Figured on a restart we could include 355's but you're right with PGM. Landscape/cityscape was one of the last POTM threads. Lets go ahead and start theme.

Remember the start of entries wont begin until 8-15.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Sounds good. I wasn't trying to step on your toes or tell you what to do, just putting it out there. Also, should there be any rule as to when the pic was taken? I think a current pic is best to get members out and use their cameras, but some might have pics from a recent vacation or get together that they might want to enter with.

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All good bro, helps me out to understand things better and for those to share opinions that are helpful. I was barely here for a year before it shutdown. :thumbup:

As it states in rules before, Once the entry thread starts, it will give those that would like to participate, at least 2 weeks to go out and get the shot's according to the theme.

By the time voting begins (1st of every month). I believe we could still allow shots within the same month a new entry would start, but every month will be a new theme.

Giving 2 weeks seems to be plenty of time to go out and use your camera to get the shot you've been looking for to apply as an entry.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
You have all the other POTN threads to go back to for ideas. We ran the entry for nearly an entire month. Once the voting thread was up, I started an entry thread for the following month at the same time. That way everyone had plenty of time and opportunity to grab shots if the weather was bad in their area.

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got ya, that would make more sense. I based my info from your rules before. It mentioned new threads starting on either the 15th or 16th. Starting it at the beginning of the month makes sense too.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
I tried to start at the beginning of the month but that didn't always happen with how busy my schedule had gotten. That was why I had to stop.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I'm a little confused about the rules posts from above.

Normally pictures at taken once a challenge starts. Did I read that we're allowed to use pictures from before 8/15?

Are pictures supposed to be a raw shot, or can it be edited as to the users liking before posting for their submission? Will they need to have EXIF data, or how will you know somebody posted a cell pic? What about copyright? Are we giving up copyright by sending in originals - which is included in EXIF data.

I've never seen a POTM thread here before so I'm not familiar with how it USED to be run.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts

Normally pictures at taken once a challenge starts. Did I read that we're allowed to use pictures from before 8/15?

Are pictures supposed to be a raw shot, or can it be edited as to the users liking before posting for their submission? Will they need to have EXIF data, or how will you know somebody posted a cell pic? What about copyright? Are we giving up copyright by sending in originals - which is included in EXIF data.

I've never seen a POTM thread here before so I'm not familiar with how it USED to be run.
http://www.355nation.net/forum/potm-entries-contests/79722-8-2013-potm-entry-thread.html

:shrug:

·
MTS Crew
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

If you have photos prior to the entry thread and it fits the category, then yes. Every month will be a new category so your photo may or may not work.

You can crop a photo. No photoshop will be allowed. If the catagory comes up B&W, I would expect the camera setting to be used.

The EXIF data needs to be included with entries, photobucket can help out with that. If copyright becomes an issue, a marking will be allowed on the photo per entrant as they choose. If you have a negative or a scanned photo. A written note with the negative or SP must be taken.

Only way I see not having an issue with copyright is that technically the original is still on your camera, computer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts