Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 Canyon V8. I love it so far,but have one issue. The power steering pump needs to be replaced but I can’t find one.
ordered one from Rock Auto, and got it just fine, but it wasn’t the right pump, it seemed to be a mirror image of the one I need. I couldn’t reach them by phone to see if they have the right one.
ordered one from GM Parts Direct and they got back to me in a week and cancelled the order because they couldn’t get a delivery date for one.
I have one on order from local GM dealer since late April. They couldn’t give me a delivery date initially but promised a delivery date in mid May. Now they advise they’ll get an update to me on June 1, not a pump, but just a date they’ll be able to get the pump.
Anybody else have parts delivery issues with these trucks?
Apparently the pump is unique to the Colorado/Canyon V8 and Hummer H3 so not a lot of them around. I doubt that GM actually designed a new PS pump for a limited run truck, so I assume there is a pump from a different vehicle that would fit, but I don’t know how to find it. Any ideas someone can share will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
It is a unique pump. If I recall, the shaft is slightly shorter. Replaced mine in 2017 and that is what I remember was an issue, but at that time no problem getting part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I blew up my '05 CANYON'.5 CYLINDER ENGINE. WHAT 'V-8' ENGINE
DO You have in YOUR'S??? I WAS "Thinking a 4.3 liter out of a 94 Impala,just didn't Know the 'FITMENT ISSUE'??? PLEASE,TALK TO Me about YR.'V-8' SETUP??????? THANK YOU' FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN SHARE WITH ME!!!IF,I GOTTA DO an Engine Swap,NOT GONNA GO BACK TO THE 'Inline 5 Cylinder'. For the Labor,Rather go to a V-8.
PLEASE,TELL ME 'ALL YOU CAN.....and "THANK YOU" in ADVANCE...... I'm JIMMY,just an 'Old Marine' on disability,and I 'WILL' Kick this Truck's ADS !!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
back to the OP, apparently GM is saying to hell with fulfilling orders and just listing everything as discontinued. I've been trying to get one from anywhere for three months now. Used ones pop up on Ebay from time to time but you better be quick because the go fast. Good luck, I'm still searching.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered one from Rock Auto today. They show about 3 different manufacturers and the only one in stock was a Cardone.
I ordered one of the other ones from them 2 month ago aNd although it was similar it didn’t fit. They did accept a return with no hassle. They shipped mine this afternoon. I suggest you might try ordering there. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts