Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, boys and girls..............I bought it, I planned it and now I have my eye on another build to follow my BMW.

I bought this Powerdyne Supercharger, Model BD-11a for my 355. Clean unit and no shaft play. I planned out the whole build, but I just don't have the time to do it with my car flipping side gig......making money is nice.

SO, this is the same unit that RK Sport used for their super charger kit for the 355s. This is a must cheaper way to get some boost safely and not have take out second mortgage or sell a testicle. RK Sport only manufactured 5 of these kits I'm aware of and I know 2 of the kits belong to members in the Capital Chapter. These complete kits with no tune was selling for like $5500(edit, another member got me the right number).....here you have the main piece to make your own kit for a faction o the cost.

This is for the head unit alone....thats it. To install you'll need:

- make the brackets, should not be that hard, Under $300 in materials
- 60# injectors and pigtails from fellow member @limequat under $300
- Bosch bypass/blow off, under $100 from eBay
- Piping/couplers, for about $100 from FrozenBoost
- Tune - there are various members here that are knowledgeable and successful with Boost tunes...... about $250 for a tune

So about $1050 in misc parts to get this kit together.

I'm selling the headunit for $1100 shipped, so for under $2200 you can safely gain about another 80 rwhp with only 6psi.

I'm pretty firm on the price, but if you come to me with a serious offer or cash in hand we can talk like big boys.

So who is going to make themselves have a Merry Christmas w/o the Black Friday madness.

NOTE: I also have it up for sale locally to me......my workplace has a online trader like CL

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so.

I bought it, took it out of the box to inspect it...boxed it back up and put away for safe keeping.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
There's a little more to it than that. You need a wideband and boost gauge. Valve vents have to be run to a puke tank and the intake manifold line needs to be plugged. The bracket also needs to incorporate another tensioner pulley to achieve proper belt wrap. It also needs to be a little goofy shaped to fit around the powersteering pump bracket. If the blower you have is a 90* outlet it will make things tougher on running the intake.

The kit from Vecter Machining(they were the creator RKSport was a supplier for them) was $5500 for all the options which was set up for 9 psi and intercooled, the 6psi base version was $3800(came with a timing retard module which I have and an FMU for fueling). Don't bother looking up Vecter Machining they are long gone, I found the owners name tracked him down and he shrugged me off because he lost a lot of money on those kits. As far as Colorado's go I have only talked to one other member with one and he never installed it. The guy I bought mine from ran it for 70,000 miles at 7psi. I put another 20,000 on it and blew the internal belt, but that costs $50 so no biggie. Tuning it isn't that difficult, it's more predictable than a turbo. The 60# injectors take a little work to dial in though.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the 2 members I know have them, haven't installed them....yet

Thanks for the additional information

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
One more quick but of info, to save someone money if they do this. For anyone pre-06 with a return style fuel system, if you stay at 6psi or less under boost you can use a boost referenced FMU for fueling. It's boost referenced on the top and piggybacks into the fuel lines to in turn boost pressure. It uses disks to adjust the amount of fuel you add.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
POST New Years Bump................

I have a bunch of new parts inbound..........there is wiggle room in the price in order to complete other mods now......my loss your gain

$850 shipped or OBO if you have something nice to bring to the table

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Kraco5 this would be a great way of going about it.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I should of kept mine lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts