Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neither plastidip nor rustoleum's new flexidip come in a standard green. Pdip has a lime green but I don't want that. I'm also only talking about aerosol cans!! I don't have money or resources to go to a professional.

I have successfully used black pdip to prime eva foam before painting, but I'm going to test it out on the grill bow tie as soon as I buy some green spray paint. Has anyone else done this before?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only aerosol dip that would work is the green metalizer and I can't find anyone that has used it. I don't have tools for non-aerosol dip.

I have some ideas I need to try out, I just forgot about this post

·
the guy that always on
3,236 Posts
There is also reusable aerosols. If you can't find the right color you could always go that route. It's just a regular can with a screw off sprayer and a Schrader valve to pressurize it. Something like this.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IY6IHS?pc_redir=1409138066&robot_redir=1[/ame]

Then you could make a custom color

·
Premium Member
441 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is also reusable aerosols. If you can't find the right color you could always go that route. It's just a regular can with a screw off sprayer and a Schrader valve to pressurize it. Something like this.
16oz Reusable Refillable Multipurpose Aerosol Spray Bottle and Spray Tip Set:Amazon:patio, Lawn & Garden

Then you could make a custom color
x2 sorry. But I looked up what you were talking about. I've never heard of a reusable aerosol can! Maybe that could work

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was impressed until I read the fine print: "not for use with paint". They all seem to by for things like wd40 and stuff like that.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Pressure variation through the spray of the can would have a horrible outcome, we used to use them at work for brake cleaner etc in bulk then fill the cans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts