Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these rims i have some 15 inch 28x10x15 drag slicks here and i was wondering if these rims will fit my truck without hitting the fenderwell or anything

Pro Comp Alloy 1069 5183 Xtreme Alloys Series 1069 Polished Finish | eBay

Truck, 6x139.7mm / 6x5.5 in. Bolt Pattern

[email protected]#: New
[email protected]#: Hole/slot
[email protected]#: Aluminum alloy
[email protected]#: Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy 1069
[email protected]#: 3.63 in.
Bolt [email protected]#: 6 x 5.5 in.
[email protected]#: -46 mm
[email protected]#: 5.5 in. (139.7 mm)
[email protected]#: Center cap
Load [email protected]#: 2200 lbs.
Color/[email protected]#: Machined/Polished
Wheel [email protected]#: 15 in.
Wheel [email protected]#: 10 in.
Number of [email protected]#: 6
Hub [email protected]#: No

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
First you need to use a little punctuation so it is easy to understand what you are writing.

Next what truck do you drive. 2wd? ZQ8? Z71? 4x4? etc..... Don't say it is an LS or LT or whatever, those are trim packages.

That wheel is going to stick out a ton at 3.6" backspace.
I'm not so sure that a 10" wide wheel is very appropriate for a 10" wide tire. I'd go to the website for the tire you have in hand and find out what their preferred wheel width is. For a 10"wide tire on a 15" wheel it may be suggested to go no wider than an 8" wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I would suggest staying around a 4.5" to 5" backspace. When you're less than 4" you're really protruding. 4x4 Z71 with wide flares go around4.5" backspace and their tires sit flush (or close) to the flares. You're asking to go at least 3/4" further than that and you don't have flares. It's more personal preference than anything, but for me personally, I don't like that look.

The problem I think no matter what is cramming a 10" wide tire under that truck. It can be done but it will be close.

I think the only true answer is waiting for somebody with your style of truck to answer if they have a similar tire size. I personally think it's too close to start guessing (my own guessing). But I am sticking with, the 3" range of backspace just won't look good. Especially on a low truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not worried about looks I'm throwing a pair of drag slicks on it and using them for track use only

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else?

·
Registered
409 Posts
@08Canyon

Please do some additional reading on wheel dimensions and fitment. I have noticed multiple posts where you offer a blanket recommendation of 4.5-5'' backspacing for wheels. This is not useful. Why? Not all wheels are the same width. A wider wheel with the same backspacing than a narrower wheel will stick out farther (due to width and the different offset which is necessary to achieve the same backspacing when the width changes).

It would be much more helpful for other members if you recommended a specific offset, in particular one close to stock (ie +33mm for a Z71). Why is offset a better measure of where a wheel will sit? It is not affected by rim width and will give a precise and consistent idea of where the midline of a wheel will sit in relation to the truck. For example, the midline of a wheel with 0mm offset with stick out EXACTLY 33mm more than a factory Z71 wheel. Why worry about the midline? That tells you where the tread will sit. If you pick a wider wheel with the same offset, the sidewalls will bulge more, but the tread (and tire midline) will be in exactly the same place.

Now, when is backspacing important? Only when you have clearance issues to worry about on the INSIDE of a wheel - such as the new spindles required with a suspension lift and there is the possibility of the upper balljoint interfering with the tire if there is too much backspacing.

Thank-you.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Offset/Backspace is also important so you won't hit the bumper from the outer leading edge of the tire. If you poke too far, you will clear inside but you may hit the outer edge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts