Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my CP wiring harness for my 5.3 swap installed into my 2007 canyon. Truck actually fired up but not without issues. I have reduced performance error code which is related to the accelerator pedal. I was able to do some testing yesterday on the throttle pedal and the wiring connection. Below are the results:

Throttle Pedal:
Resistance between terminal D and F was 3.8 K Ohms
Resistance between terminal E and F while depressing the pedal was around 0.5 K Ohms
Resistance between terminal A and D was 3.75 K Ohms
Resistance between terminal B and C while depressing the pedal was around 0.7 K Ohms
These results appear to be in spec, so throttle pedal is good

Wiring connection with volt meter grounded to chassis and the key on:
Terminal A (Purple Wire) was 0 volts
Terminal B (Light Blue Wire) was 4.4 volts
Terminal C (Tan Wire) was 4.9 volts
Terminal D (Brown Wire) was 0 volts
Terminal E (Dark Blue Wire) was 0 volts
Terminal F (White/Black Wire) was 4.9 volts

Should I be getting 4.4 volts on the light blue wire?

I have reached out to CP and waiting for their response. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

truck.jpg
installed 1.jpg
installed 2.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the trailblazer pedal. I was able to do some more tests as suggested by CP tech support. The results are as follows:

I checked the light blue (LB) and dark blue (DB) wires as connected to the pedal with the key on. Below are the results:

Pedal at rest 0% LB=3.9v DB=0.9v
Pedal down 100% LB=0.6v DB=4.3v

The following images were from CP tech support, but my test results appear to be close:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wanted to provide an update to this. Been working with CP via email. Tech asked me about the yellow and brown wires at the throttle body, and mentions that sometimes they need to be reversed between car and truck. I went ahead and swapped the wires and viola, I know have a working throttle pedal. Now to resolve fuel and temp gauge issues, exhaust, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts