Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have been having problems with my heat and ac not working nor my windows will not roll down or my whippers work on my truck and the automatic headlights does not work will work if i turn them on manually but the high beams wont work what so ever but the kicker is it will not work if it is cold out side it only happens every once in awhile and i have not one clue why can you guys help me out with this problem please.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Most likely the ground blocks. If you search on here there is a bunch of threads covering how to redo the ground points so they have a proper connection.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Before you replaced it, was the problem intermittent, or could you never get it to work properly? If it never worked properly until you changed the BCM, and then it crapped out again, it's most likely something to do with that. Either a loose connection, corroded grounding spot, etc. If it was intermittent before you replaced it, it's likely just a coincidence and the problem is elsewhere.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Check the connector for corrosion. Also have you had your battery load tested? Low voltage can make the BCM whack out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you replaced it, was the problem intermittent, or could you never get it to work properly? If it never worked properly until you changed the BCM, and then it crapped out again, it's most likely something to do with that. Either a loose connection, corroded grounding spot, etc. If it was intermittent before you replaced it, it's likely just a coincidence and the problem is elsewhere.
where are the grounds located at cause i have no clue can you get me a schematic of it please

·
Registered
127 Posts
Two on driver side, one on passenger side between fender and air box. You're having so many problems that I doubt it would be those, as normally only the HVAC motor is affected from bad grounding. The one on the passenger side is normally the problematic one. There are many ways to try to fix the problem there, but from my experience, the easiest way is to take cut all the wires going to that box and crimp them into a ring terminal or two. I wouldn't do that yet, as I feel like there's someone more experienced on here that can give you better advice. Always an option.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Answer is above. There's one on the passenger side and 2 on the driver. Also change your battery, if you have low voltage that could certainly be the problem and if you were told it's reading low it should have been done already so you don't strand yourself with a dead battery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts