Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd let you guys in on the progress I'm doing.
I want it to be all blacked out, with just a small amount of green accent.
I used VHT tint for the taillights and the marker lights, three coats for the back and two coats for the front.
I used plasti dip to do the lettering and the grill.
Custom made front receiver hitch with shackle mounts.
All I have left to do is dip the front and rear bumpers, and the rims. And then tint the headlights.

Attachments

· Registered
24 Posts
Looks Good! Whats the name of that green you used?

· Registered
24 Posts
Sweet thanks. Should be able to figure it out with that.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a lot accomplished this weekend. To Finnish it off I got the rims plasti dipped. Then I took the running boards off. Now everything is blacked out :) the only thing left to do is wash it, and take some pics. What do you guys think?

Attachments

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got around to installing 3/4" spacers to drop the front diff today, looks like it got the cv axles close to being horizontal again. Also I did the upper ball joint mod, I did get alittle more lift from the mod, it was dark so I didn't measure, I will tomorrow. Then I can crank the tbs down a bit to level it out and get a bit softer ride.

· Premium Member
927 Posts
Based on what I've been reading I think you just Plastidip'd right over the chrome, correct? how about the back side of the bumper? Never having had mine off, I don't know for sure what type of finish is back there. Did you 'dip that too?

Looking good.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Based on what I've been reading I think you just Plastidip'd right over the chrome, correct? how about the back side of the bumper? Never having had mine off, I don't know for sure what type of finish is back there. Did you 'dip that too?

Looking good.
Yes I just dipped right over the chrome, all I did was wash it than cleaned it with paint thinner, and then I whipped that off good, then I laid 4 coats of plasti dip on. I only painted the front and the edges of the bumper, not the back

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.