Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let you guys in on the progress I'm doing.
I want it to be all blacked out, with just a small amount of green accent.
I used VHT tint for the taillights and the marker lights, three coats for the back and two coats for the front.
I used plasti dip to do the lettering and the grill.
Custom made front receiver hitch with shackle mounts.
All I have left to do is dip the front and rear bumpers, and the rims. And then tint the headlights.

Attachments

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
If you didn't clear over the vht I would try to before long, helps it last much longer and gives a smoother look

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks Good! Whats the name of that green you used?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet thanks. Should be able to figure it out with that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some time today to take the front bumper off and plasti dip the chrome bumper black. So now the front of project black out is done. Now just to do the rear bumper and wheels. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a lot accomplished this weekend. To Finnish it off I got the rims plasti dipped. Then I took the running boards off. Now everything is blacked out :) the only thing left to do is wash it, and take some pics. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got around to installing 3/4" spacers to drop the front diff today, looks like it got the cv axles close to being horizontal again. Also I did the upper ball joint mod, I did get alittle more lift from the mod, it was dark so I didn't measure, I will tomorrow. Then I can crank the tbs down a bit to level it out and get a bit softer ride.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Based on what I've been reading I think you just Plastidip'd right over the chrome, correct? how about the back side of the bumper? Never having had mine off, I don't know for sure what type of finish is back there. Did you 'dip that too?

Looking good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Based on what I've been reading I think you just Plastidip'd right over the chrome, correct? how about the back side of the bumper? Never having had mine off, I don't know for sure what type of finish is back there. Did you 'dip that too?

Looking good.
Yes I just dipped right over the chrome, all I did was wash it than cleaned it with paint thinner, and then I whipped that off good, then I laid 4 coats of plasti dip on. I only painted the front and the edges of the bumper, not the back

1 - 20 of 30 Posts