Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been bored with life since I ran out of ideas of what to do with the truck. On top of that, I feel like the white/blue scheme is getting old and boring. So with that, I have created a new redesigned build plan that involves a new exterior look, interior look and some more performance upgrades as well. It will take a ton of time with work and school to finish, but I am stoked to start up the build again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since my muffler broke from the inside and is rattling like nuts, I ordered a Borla Pro XS muffler. Hoping to get it in next week sometime. Also, started cutting up another grille I had to try and make a custom one. All I need left is some diamond mesh to finish it.
WP_20141015_001.jpg WP_20141005_004.jpg WP_20141005_005.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on repainting the outside and adding some more exterior parts and accessories, redoing the interior with a gauge cluster, shift lever, steering wheel, paint and fabrics, adding a ported throttle body with cat deletes, then a tune. That is just the starting stuff I can think of haha. Probably much more to come. Slowly but surely it'll come together

·
Registered
673 Posts
If ya need any help and I'm free, let me know!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I like all of these NM members popping up

·
Registered
673 Posts
We (NM) should all share one thing in common: Our love for green chile. :355group:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We (NM) should all share one thing in common: Our love for green chile. :355group:
AMEN BROTHER!!!!! Green Chile on EVERYTHING. :high5:
And thanks! Most likely we will see each other around town or maybe a mini meet sometime.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I will be in Albuquerque on Friday evening if you wanna meet up and see each others trucks!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
AMEN BROTHER!!!!! Green Chile on EVERYTHING. :high5:
And thanks! Most likely we will see each other around town or maybe a mini meet sometime.
Yeah I used to spend some decent time out in Las Curces for work aka White Sands.

Pecan Grill and Brewery was my favorite place for beer and green chili ravioli or green chili lasagna

Then there is the Shell station off from University next to the Hilton Garden Inn that makes bomb ass chili burrito

·
Registered
673 Posts
Have you tired Hatch green chile? That stuffs pretty good. I like my chile hot!

·
Registered
673 Posts
After I do an oil change and wash my truck which will probably be done around 7? At least I think I ill be done with washing my truck by then haha. Ill let you decide where. I'm also down for anywhere in the east mountains.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After I do an oil change and wash my truck which will probably be done around 7? At least I think I ill be done with washing my truck by then haha. Ill let you decide where. I'm also down for anywhere in the east mountains.
Haha I am in desperate need of a car wash...I usually go to the place on tramway and candelaria. I'll probably go there after work sometime, I get off at 5:30. If you want to meet up at that car wash, we could wash em then hangout there if you'd be down for that.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I wash mine by hand... but that would be a great place to meet!!! Ill go there after I wash my truck!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update, been busy lately, and accomplished quite a bit in the past few weeks. First, I got my snowboard racks up, excited for the snow season (to try out my brand new snowboard and new gear!!!), I got my Borla Pro XS installed, and will have a video of it next weekend once some maintenance and repairs get done on Saturday. (Thermostat and valve cover gasket) On the way home from getting my exhaust done, I found a shop selling a set of 18" Enkei RT6s. They are in somewhat rough shape, but a little TLC and paint will make them look like new. Today, at the shop I work at, I was browsing our used tires for giggles to see if we had any 18" tires to try and test fit the new wheels on the truck, turns out that we have has a set of 225/50/18 Bridgestones that someone had for a very VERY short time, and decided to not keep them. So I scored a set of 600-800 dollar tires (with the nubs still on the tread) for 120 bucks. Going to use the wheels I have now as winter wheels as I bought studded tires for them, and the Enkeis as my non winter wheels. I'll have pics of the Enkeis on the truck tomorrow evening. Just to keep you guys updated with the progress, here are pics of the truck as is now, along with the wheels. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
I like the new wheels a lot more than the old ones!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts