Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been tossing up the idea of doing this build for QUITE some time now. Well I finally bought a house and now have plenty of garage space to do this project. Here is a quick picture of what I will be doing to my seat to allow for the center console box. Keep in mind that I have a crew cab and this will be done to the back seat.

I plan on taking the existing bench and modifying it to become buckets. This way I don't have to worry about trying to fab buckets to fit back there and worry about leg room for passengers in the back. I plan on taking the bench, having it cut down to 2 buckets and maintain the same mounting points, and just modify the bracket to run along the floor instead of the bottom of the seat. This will open up the center to allow for a larger box. I haven't put much thought into the box itself yet, but ideas will come as I get going on it. I would like to get 2 12s to fit, but will most likely have to go with 10s. I will build it up to the front center console and will include cup holders and possibly a mount for an indash screen (not sure about this yet).

EDIT: This will not be something that is done in a week or 2. I am going to take my time, but being that I just got a new house, things for the house come first, so this is a build as I get funds type of project.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a fun project...keep us posted! :thumbup:

Congrats on the house. Pics?
Thanks, I will post pics of the house later this week after I cut the grass :lol:

As far as the project I will definately keep you guys posted. I am working on getting the bracket fabbed right now. Just talked to a welder that is willing to tackle the bracket, so soon the bracket will be modified.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Damn im in the same project i just bought some bucket seats for the back and was gunna build a console from the back wall all the way to the front .... ill post pics as soon as i get the seats in.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn im in the same project i just bought some bucket seats for the back and was gunna build a console from the back wall all the way to the front .... ill post pics as soon as i get the seats in.
good luck fitting the buckets back there. I originally bought Pontiac G6 seats for the back but after loose fitting I realized there would be no leg room. You are going to lose leg room because of the way the buckets are set up to recline, unless you make the back verticle which would be less comfortable than the bench in the back, which is why I am going this route. Do post pics though as I would like to see how it looks.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
if you threw buckets in the back...you could always just cut the bottom cushion short to add more leg room...

or just notch the cab :shrug: HHAAHAHA :lol:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you threw buckets in the back...you could always just cut the bottom cushion short to add more leg room...

or just notch the cab :shrug: HHAAHAHA :lol:
:lol: hmmm....I think I will pass....

·
Registered
93 Posts
these bucket seats are actully for a volkswagen bug. there quite small and as a matter of fact they just arived here at work so when i get home ill take pictures for yall..

·
Registered
93 Posts
well here they are.. they were 175 shiped!! if they were 2tone they would look like they should of been in here in the first place lol

this is my current set up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts