·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most probably thought this grill died off

well I think the idea of decoma/sve producing it has

I'm going to be working on this here and there

This is the new grill I just bought off ebay so should be here in a week or so

Plan is to modify it too look like the Decoma/SVE/Joe Gibbs Colorado Grill (which was to be produced but never did)

I plan to take my time on this and do it right

P

·
0 Posts
Hey good luck on this mna, Please post pics when you have any progress, i really look forward to seeing this happen. That decoma grill is really sweeet and its really sad it was never produced. I think it would of been a seller for real. Best of luck to you! :355:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
good luck, cant wait. take plenty of pics

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll try now I need to go out and get some foam to help shape the grill

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
deffff keep us posted on this. wonder why they didnt produced it for retail.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
keep us updated geeds wanna see how its coming along

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
just wondering if u can make that grille by using the gmc canyon grille. its already open in the center. just alittle more modifing required. just a thought. its what i plan on doing but with a all chrome one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Canyon grill has the bar running across the top, just under the hood. It's not very thick, but it's the most noticeable difference between a Canyon grill and a Colorado grill with the center horizontal bar cut out.

Take a look at my signature and avatar to see what I mean.

When we mounted the grill insert in mine I sank it in as far as I could to sort of mimic the Decoma grill. It's obviously no where near as deeply recessed into the shell, but it's not flush like the stock one.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just wondering if u can make that grille by using the gmc canyon grille. its already open in the center. just alittle more modifing required. just a thought. its what i plan on doing but with a all chrome one.
one of the other big differences is the fact that the decoma grill comes out towards you at the bottom and the middle bar section you can see the shape of where the bar once was kinda with the raised section. canyon grills are completely flat unlike the decoma one

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good point, I guess I never really noticed that before. There's going to be more work for you than I thought :eek3:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
my plan is to do the samething u have matt228 but in chrome to match my front

anyways back to ur mod. good luck codered can't wait to see it done

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
exactly...^^^

1 - 20 of 380 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.