Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This build has just started and i have only two upgrades so far, but i do plan on working on the truck pretty fast and documenting what i am doing. Please no flamming because yes it is a 2.9L 5 speed. I am hoping to get this truck down to 11's before performing a motor swap. Thank you.

Upgrades:
Engine/Performance:
K&N Intake
Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
CO2 Kit
3 Inch Flowmaster Exhaust
Magnaflow Cat
JTR Header
6 Puck Spec Clutch
4.10 Gears
True Trac
Ported Throttle Body
Super Sparkz
Hptuner Tune
Efan

Exterior:
3rd Brake Light Flip
Smoked Tail Lights
JTR Crossmember
4% Window Tint
50% Windshield Tint
BedRug

Interior:
Custom Switch Box
SSK Shifter
Hurst Shift Knob

Suspension:
3 Inch Belltech Leaf Springs
1 Inch Drop Block
QA1 Shocks
QA1 Coilovers
Caltrac Traction Bars

Attachments

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
forged internals and 20psi boost and you'll be near 11's as long as the tranny holds :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
That's what I was thinking, were can I find the internals though? Kind of new to the 355.
You start by buying 1 rod, 1 piston, and sending them off to whatever manufacturer you want to make them. If you were a 2.8 je, and r&r rods would have the specks. Buuuuuuttttt.... your not...... its not to pricy for customs from any manufacturer though. Honestly if you want to keep the 2.9 i would say ross for rods, and je for pistons, if you're not on a dead line.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not on a time line, just a project and thinking about using this truck as a poster truck to open a custom truck shop. Thank you, so all I have to do is send them in and they can build it. What if I wanted to sleeve and bore the motor out?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Not on a time line, just a project and thinking about using this truck as a poster truck to open a custom truck shop. Thank you, so all I have to do is send them in and they can build it. What if I wanted to sleeve and bore the motor out?

Sleeves are custom 1 off's, and youre in $5k plus territory there. We've been having a lot of good responses with e85 and boost on the turbo side with stock engines, minus injectors and a few other things of course. Theirs a lot of shit talking in our f/i trash talk thread, but quite a wealth of knowledge in there too. Its in the forced induction section. 05quick4door, luv2drag,acex, emaxxer, dbizzle, and 07_zq8 were all boosted in there and full of knowledge on these atlas engines with boost. Almost forgot fixxer, also hes supercharged now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sleeves are custom 1 off's, and youre in $5k plus territory there. We've been having a lot of good responses with e85 and boost on the turbo side with stock engines, minus injectors and a few other things of course. Theirs a lot of shit talking in our f/i trash talk thread, but quite a wealth of knowledge in there too. Its in the forced induction section. 05quick4door, luv2drag,acex, emaxxer, dbizzle, and 07_zq8 were all boosted in there and full of knowledge on these atlas engines with boost. Almost forgot fixxer, also hes supercharged now.
Ok, I guess I can just see where I'm at in the build when I get there. 5k is pricey for some sleeves. I guess I underestimated the block. Thank you

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If you plan to turbo, I say make the switch to E85. That is where most of the success has been achieved.

Jeremy (blk2006) and I have the info you need for forged bits when that time comes.
Matt, 2.9 got the bigger bore and squirters added to the rods. Its like the 3.7

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
Please don't list the throttle body spacer under "upgrades"

This should be an interesting build, looking to see where this goes

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 138 Posts