Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most of you know I keep spending my money on my bike. any way figure I'd throw up the build on it.

I originally purchased a 2011 Yamaha R6 raven (stock photo I don't have any recent ones)

long story short I was going through a lot of shit I bought it on a whim and I traded it for my bike after several bad bad decisions on it.

Then I got my 2013 Honda Shadow Phantom (again stock photo since I don't have one)

I pulled the front fender, mirrors, reflectors and turn signals off. (no photos of this)

Next I got a license plate bracket/tail light mount from Noschoolchoppers.com Excellent quality and price.

I cruised that around for a while. Bonus: ST. Louis arch shot

Next came the Shinko wide white wall tires. They are OK not sure the little bit of cost saved with Shinko is worth the ride of the tire.

I then drilled out the baffles in the exhaust and heat wrapped them. It sounded good but it looked like total shit. That plan was way better in my head.

I then ordered these bags from viking bags. They are practical but they are not a quick release bag. I am going to make some quick release mounts for them. It is really nice to have a rain jacket and room for my work out clothes and shoes with out taking a back pack. These will make their way back onto the bike this winter. The reason I went with viking bags is the cost, they are not very high quality but unless I am heading to work or on a camping ride they are not on the bike so I could not justify the cost of the better name brand bags. plus these things shipped insanely fast.

I HATED that exhaust so I ordered the Vance and Hines short shots with black heat shields. got them from amazon they offered free shipping. I am so thrilled with the quality of the product and the sound of it.

Next I acquired an extra factory seat from a friend of mine. I drank some beers in the shop cut it into a solo and reshaped the foam I then had Casey at BOONDOCK CUSTOMS fix the foam parts I fucked up and wrap it in Mexican blanket. I have less than $100 into a solo seat that is very comfortable to ride with and does not look like an old mans recliner. (Also got my Biltwell Bonanza helmet in great product.)

Next was the hardest part ten inch zombie performace wide zee bars and one inch biltwell risers. This took approx 6 hours to install the risers are a standard bolt size but the factory bars are not where they attach at the triple trees. Three drill bits some bloody knuckles and an impressive string of curse words they finally fit. This is when I realized that the throttle grip is a solid unit and Honda does not sell just the throttle tube. I found a universal one on zchoppers website I have no idea if it will work but I will let you know if it does. any way on to the pictures!

After that got buttoned up we went to bike night and I had my friend Spencer (Strictly Stripes) pin stripe my tank fender and head light housing. He did an amazing job I just said go at it here is the colors I would like. If you guys need anything striped in the Springfield MO area look him up!

The only things left to add to it is the new dunlop white walls I ordered and the White biltwell grips that I have at home waiting on the throttle tube to come in. I will add more to this when I add more to the bike.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice bike, needs moar low in the rear though :high5: I have an '03 Shadow Spirit myself:

Very nice! I take mine off road to much to lower it though. It doubles as a dirt bike a lot.

lnhiv - better get after it!

08Canyon - must be you I can see them and I am assuming the other can too.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
They show up now. I was having internet slowness at the other computer today, must have been that. It never even showed there was an image that was missing.

Now it makes sense why you wrote it the way you did, with all the gaps I saw. It looked all so random this morning.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I could do it all over again I would love to get an FXRT harley or and fxdx. this is the most reliable low maintenance bike I have had but I am 6' 4" and it is just a bit small for me. I am going to pay it off and keep it, I love it i just wish it were a bit bigger. Hell maybe one day I will hard tail it and stretch it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts