Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my HID blew out, I picked up a set of projection lights. The lights are plug-n-play but the LEDS and halo's need to be hardwired somewhere. Where is the best place for this? Where did you guys with projection lights wire them up?

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I wired them up to the parking lights (with some disconnects for easy removal). Make sure you get the DRL wire and not the signal.
^^ Yup.

And if you got a volt meter it will help you find which wire gets voltage when the parking lights are on.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wired them up to the parking lights (with some disconnects for easy removal). Make sure you get the DRL wire and not the signal.
That sounds like the way to go. So when you turn on just the parking lights the halo's and LEDS light up.....ok, that's what I want to do! I'm assuming the white is positive and the black is negitive on the lights (I didn't get any instructions). And did you know which was the DRL and which was the signal? Just follow them back from the bulb?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That sounds like the way to go. So when you turn on just the parking lights the halo's and LEDS light up.....ok, that's what I want to do! I'm assuming the white is positive and the black is negitive on the lights (I didn't get any instructions). And did you know which was the DRL and which was the signal? Just follow them back from the bulb?
Not off the top of my head but I can check for you when I leave work in a couple hours.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so brown is the positive DRL? Where did you ground?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kinda figured they were grounded to the frame somewhere, I just wanted an idea of where he did it. There's 6 wires (3 pos 3 neg) I need to figure out!

They are plenty of pics coming up ;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
make sure you post up some pics bro!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts