Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. First of all hello all! So I'm fairly new to this site and these trucks all together. I've mostly looked on the site from time-to-time looking for repairs on my truck like the typical AC issues and all that jazz. Well I've owned my 04 ZQ8 for about 4 years now and haven't put much of any money into it other than basic maintenance. Now that I'm at a point to where I actually want to start modding it, I am doing little things here and there like LED converting and hummer seats and center console w/the floor shifter.

Now that my spew is out of the way i was looking into some new headlights. I love the idea of projectors but absolutely hate the halo rings with a passion. they look cheesy to me and i just don't like them. no offense to those who have them, just not for me.

So what i am asking is there a company that makes these projector headlights that don't have the halo rings (I haven't had any luck searching for them) or am i going to have to retrofit some projectors into a set of stock headlights? need direction guys!

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you are looking at the eBay projectors they are not really good most of them only use a H1 bulb.

Lots of guys have made there own and there may be a place you can get some projector lights made that use a real bulb.

Most of us have just installed a hid kit. If you go with hid stay at 35 watts and no more than 6000K.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking at the eBay projectors they are not really good most of them only use a H1 bulb.

Lots of guys have made there own and there may be a place you can get some projector lights made that use a real bulb.

Most of us have just installed a hid kit. If you go with hid stay at 35 watts and no more than 6000K.

Best of luck.
i have had 8k HIDs on my truck for around 3 years or so and there doing fine just looking to upgrade to projectors. looks like its time to get a spare set of OEMs and mod them. just gotta figure out how.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
DK Moulds
2,011 Posts
thanks for the kind of how to lol I'm definitely going to do this. after reading through un4giv3n I'm thinking about trying the square projectors.
Shoot me a PM or text if you decide to order the square ones. I can save you a couple bucks from TRS.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts