Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
form the km comment are you from Canada? is it a 4x4? X-Cab? or CrewCab? are you using a digital gauge for temperature readout? i'd suggest checking antifreeze ratio, you may have too much water. with the engine cold, remove the radiator cap and siphon a sample from there. the prestone gauge is pretty accurate.

View attachment 340901
Sorry I did not get back to you. I only seem to get some emails with people responding. I was actually planning to get one of those today as I'm doing a coolant flush within the next week. Thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had what I considered poor mileage. I also performed the usual in-depth tuneup(including cats and o2 sensors) as you did and the mileage increase was not what I expected, but after doing tie rod ends and upper ball joints and then a front end alignment, that was when fuel mileage nearly doubled.
Wow. Never would of thought those parts would of made that much of an improvement. How many miles can you get on a tank? I fill up at about an 1/8 of a tank. I'm lucky to get 350 km.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was seeing around 11-12mpg and now see anywhere from 18-21 mpg. I fill up when the fuel level warning comes on at right around taking 13 gallons to fill. I live in the Catskill mtns of NY so the fuel mileage can vary greatly, depending upon the destination and what type of roads have to be traveled upon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like a thermostat either stuck open or opening too early. Ours would throw a Code that temperature wasn't getting up to temp in proper amount of time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sounds like a thermostat either stuck open or opening too early. Ours would throw a Code that temperature wasn't getting up to temp in proper amount of time.
The truck heats up quite quickly, way quicker then my parents new vehicles. Just stops 2 ticks below half.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update: Changed thermostat and put in new coolant, dummy gauge is still a little off but the temp via OBD2 is sitting around 200. Gas mileage is improved and I swear it feels quicker, ass dyno could be wrong though. Thank you to everyone who helped me out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts