Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am looking to replace all 3 u-joints on my truck. It is a 2011 Colorado, 2.9 Extended Cab 2wd.

I am finding the part descriptions very confusing when trying to order.

Am I correct in saying for Moog branded parts:

#354 for the u-joint at the transmission
#355 for the u joint after the carrier bearing as well as the u joint at the rear axle?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

Those numbers mean nothing without a source. If you are looking for OEM ACDelco part numbers, go to gmpartsgiant.com and enter your VIN. The search should give you the numbers relevant to your truck.

If you are looking for a different, specific brand, go to that brands website and search.

Rockauto is also a good source for parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry I thought I had mentioned that I was looking at Moog brand replacement parts.

I have looked at RockAuto, but I find the verbage confusing, because multiple parts seem to say the same location, even though they are different part numbers within a given brand.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
There are different driveshaft configurations. I have a 2011 2wd with the 5.3 engine. It has a one piece aluminum drive shaft. Some models have two piece drive shafts, either aluminum or steel. I'm pretty sure 4wd models will have steel drive shafts, but I'm not positive.

Did you try searching the Moog website to at least determine the correct numbers for your truck? Find My Part

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2-piece steel driveshaft. It has 3 u-joints total.

That above link to Moogs website showed even more options than RockAuto does for my truck. I found a post a while back that said this shaft takes 354 and 355 part numbers, but it didn't say how many of each and where.

Just thought I could get a clear answer from someone who had done it before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts