1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
there were going to be some but the deal fell through

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
it would be nice to have a new set of pulley for the truck.. i wonder how much would it cost to fabricate them.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I don't think anyone makes an underdrive pulley for the Trailblazers.

I'm getting ready to ship the crank pulley from my other engine to someone that is already in contact with ASP Racing. Hopefully they'll be offering a production piece before years end.

C

·
0 Posts
lol, all pulleys would be changed, they would be changed to a better looking pulley, and it wouldnt do a thing for us other than give it a better look

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
lol, all pulleys would be changed, they would be changed to a better looking pulley, and it wouldnt do a thing for us other than give it a better look
What?! No, that's not right.

What pulleys are changed would depend on what is offered by whoever manufactures them, I would assume at least the crank and alt. pulley's and maybe the water pump pulley. They're not changed for aesthetics, they're underdrive pulleys and they're meant to free up a few horsepower.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I am somewhat of a n00b in the pully department, but what pully would we change? What would we change it to? And what would changing it do for us?
the crank pulley is the main one, they would make it smaller and possibly lighter. the smaller diameter would UNDERDRIVE the accessories. Sometimes they also include a larger waterpump and pulley that underdrives the waterpump. For V8 trucks, they offer alternator underdrive and overdrive pulleys, if you have a stereo you'd want the overdrive alternator pulley so you dont lose charging power.

pulleys are a good mod because the power you gain is everywhere, not just at the top of the RPM's

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Thanx guys. The GF Drives Cobalt SS, and I go with her to the SS meets, and see them swtich pully's all the time for their Superchargers, etc, and didnt know whether that same theory of smaller pully would apply to us as well, even though we dont have a SC

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Thanx guys. The GF Drives Cobalt SS, and I go with her to the SS meets, and see them swtich pully's all the time for their Superchargers, etc, and didnt know whether that same theory of smaller pully would apply to us as well, even though we dont have a SC
It's different because they use smaller supercharger pulleys to speed up the supercharger and produce more boost.

Some mustang/lightning supercharger folks use LARGER crank pulleys to also speed up the supercharger. So its the same theory, just opposite.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts