Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '09 2.9l 2wd and trying to replace the purge valve.
I watched some youtube videos:
...and its seemed pretty straight forward.

Well once I got the wheel and liner off it looked very different then the videos.
I don't know if its a year thing, engine or a 2wd vs 4wd but I have a lot less room.

Update:
Incase someone else happens to have this issue, here is another video where they removed the battery and holder.

I did this and it gave me a lot more room to maneuver things.
I still had to unbolt the part through the wheel well since I didn't have any bendy attachments.
For the power clip I had to go underneath and reach up to unclip it

·
Registered
495 Posts
While I've never replaced one all I can say is if others have done it you can do it . I believe once you unbolt it you can move it about some to get better access to the connections . The harder you think about the money you save by doing this yourself the easier this will become .

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it‘s like the ‘07, it is no fun whatsoever! Unbolting it was the easy part. Getting the hoses/connectors off and on was the real struggle. Hang in there - if I did it you surely can. It will be good training for changing the thermostat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it‘s like the ‘07, it is no fun whatsoever! Unbolting it was the easy part. Getting the hoses/connectors off and on was the real struggle. Hang in there - if I did it you surely can. It will be good training for changing the thermostat.
Did you remove any extra stuff to get at it?

Going off the videos I was thinking it be a 30min thing, once I got in there, seeing the hose spaghetti and hardly enough room for one hand made it a different story.

Did some more searching here and was able to find another thread (happens to be same make) P0449 Purge Solenoid Valve Replacement Help
some suggest removing the fender or battery box.

Guess I just need to set more time out to really get into it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It probably would have been easier if I had removed the thermostat and radiator hose (which I had to do later) to make a little more room to work. If you need to flush and fill your cooling system that would be a good excuse to pull the hose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated the original post with another video I found increase someone else happens to come across this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts