Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get bored and like to change things up all the time. This will be my 3rd retrofit in my truck.. I will post more as i progress, I'm still waiting on a few more parts to come in.. So stay tuned.

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morimoto mini d2s for the lows (bi-xenon) and some mini H1's for the highs with the cutoff shields removed, i will have dual high beams on each side.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Sweet, I was browsing the site over the holidays and thought some of your selections looked familiar. Looking forward to further updates.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the stock headlight reflectors will be painted flat black, the shrouds will be painted a graphite/gun metal black, the outer projectors will have white halos on the inside of the shrouds and red demon eye rings on the outside, they'll be tinted candy black so they're not noticeable when turned off.. should look pretttttyyyyyyy sweet

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
159 Posts
curious why your using mh1's and md2s's? I find it odd that you'd go from OEM Tsx's to these. unfortunately 2 bad projectors doesnt equal one good projector in a quad setup. Usually guys run a projector for width like a Fx-r, ls460 or s2k's and one for distance like a evo-xr.

should look cool nonetheless

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
This shall be wicked pissah when done

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
curious why your using mh1's and md2s's? I find it odd that you'd go from OEM Tsx's to these. unfortunately 2 bad projectors doesnt equal one good projector in a quad setup. Usually guys run a projector for width like a Fx-r, ls460 or s2k's and one for distance like a evo-xr.

should look cool nonetheless
mainly ease of installation. I know they're not the best projectors on the market.. i was going to go with the fx-r's but decided i didn't want to hack up the housing and make a custom bracket like i did with the others.. from what i can tell so far, the light output looks comparable to my old TSX's but the mini d2s has a lot more front flood :shrug: I stepped down from 10,000k to 6,000k bulbs as well.

anywho here's some shitty cell phone pics of the xb halo behind the shroud..\

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm keeping my eyes on the reviews and output shots of the new MD2S but the X version. I'm undecided about those or using my TLs with the solenoid conversion. Somehow I think the MD2S will win due to the cool square look and ease of installation.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I want to do this as well. In for gawking!

1 - 20 of 222 Posts