Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Eh. :shrug:

Honestly, unless you like holes in your cab, I wouldn't do it...S.I.'s screws were small enough to where it's only in the plastic, and doesn't extend beyond the cab (thus no holes) but it's only screwed into the plastic that way. After awhile plastic tends to bend...and misform...

I would either put it under your seat...or, if it's too big and you're hell bent on putting it on the back wall, make a nice, solid amp rack out of 1/2" MDF and carpet it...cut it into your plastic, make a recess slightly smaller so it looks like it's protruding and supposed to be there. Then bolt that bitch onto the back wall with some nice bolts and cut off the long parts sticking out past your cab...throw a nut on the back and tighten.

But, to each their own.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mc, i just don't know what to do with it:

i didn't want holes in my cab either. I was hoping someone had rigged something up to use the brackets of the back seat rest to hold it up...

:edit: ...it's so purdy, i wanna see it, so under the seat is not an option :(

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
What's wrong with it's current location...just run the wiring behind the box! That way you can still see the amp! :D

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
^X2....

I think it looks good, and would look better without the wires showing..:355:

Plus, where would you mount it on the wall? It looks like the seats take up alot of the space on there.....

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
thanks mc, i just don't know what to do with it:

i didn't want holes in my cab either. I was hoping someone had rigged something up to use the brackets of the back seat rest to hold it up...

:edit: ...it's so purdy, i wanna see it, so under the seat is not an option :(
I want your back seats...they would match my buckets then.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dj, i've got the actual seat and box that goes underneath for the one side...if interested, sell it to ya cheap.

as for running the wires, i don't want to turn my amp another direction, so the wires come have to come out of the front :(

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
What if you remove your jack and the plastic covering and make a nice little amp rack that bolts to the stud(s) where the plastic covering uses to secure itself. Then mount the amp vertically. And if the bolt protrudes to the point where the amp wont sit flush on the rack, add some small blocks on the top and bottom that you can use to shim the amp with and screw it to that. Some 1" x 1" or 2" x 2" should work just fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What you've got looks good. To "pretty it up," I would get some wire loom (color preference is yours) and run that from the amp under the box; viola, custom. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts