Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GMC Canyon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my Badland Industries 2-3" lift kit installed, put the rear shackles on the lowest of the two notches which I will fix later to the higher setting. I went to get it aligned and the tech at the alignment shop said cranking the torsion bars to even 23" would make it nearly impossible to align (IDK, I'm not an alignment/suspension expert. Just goin by that the instructions said of no more than 24"). The truck seems kind of low for a lift kit. I scrapped a ton on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona. Any input from people who've installed it would be great! Also, the bolt on the front of the passenger side TB is hitting a part on the front diff causing it to not crank any higher that 21.5 (measured from center of wheel up to bottom of inner fender) so the passenger side is sitting 1/2" lower than the driver, is that normal? '06 i5 Z71 4x4 auto 32/11.5R15 tires, will post better pics later. I eventually want to go for 33" tires so I'd like to know if they would fit on stock wheels with this kit and does anyone know where I could get better torsion bars? I heard that could help a bit too.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Did you measure your before ride height upfront? That would tell you how much lift you actually acheived. I just recently lifted my 12 z71 with 4" skyjacker and 1.5" Smaxx body lift with 285/70/17 and they just fit without rubbing and little trim on front valance. 285/70 is a 32.7x 11.2.

·
Registered
2006 GMC Canyon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you measure your before ride height upfront? That would tell you how much lift you actually acheived. I just recently lifted my 12 z71 with 4" skyjacker and 1.5" Smaxx body lift with 285/70/17 and they just fit without rubbing and little trim on front valance. 285/70 is a 32.7x 11.2.
I couldn't figure out how to delete a post. I ended up figuring out what was wrong. I put the balljoint spacer on the wrong side like a tard. I put it over the upper control arm instead of under. I was tired lol

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I guess you never had it aligned then. The alignment shop would've hopefully noticed that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts