Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 weeks ago i bought a 05 Colorado with 174000 miles on it to get me back a forth to work and anything else i might need to do so I dont tie up the family car. A couple days after getting it I noticed white goo under the oil cap at first never seeing in before i freaked but after researching I found this could be condensation or a head Gasket. I have done a block test that came out as ok. Im not loosing any coolant (i check amost everyday), blowing any white smoke, and the truck runs fine. I got the oil changed the other day and drove it around a little just to notice that the goo is still there and now there was a little on the dip stick unlike before. Now I do addmit that i dont drive but a couple miles a day if that and the truck was sitting some time before I got it. My question is there anything else that could casue this that I might be missing?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
There is another thread with almost exactly the same question from the past few days. I did a quick search but didn't see it.

Maybe spend a few minutes looking around on here and you can find it. It has several follow responses about the moisture buildup if a vehicle isn't driven for long periods of time, as the condensate isn't burned off. If the engine is not at normal operating for extended periods of time, it will always have moisture building up in the oil.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts