Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now, I have a 3/4 drop on springs and blocks. I want to squeeze another inch drop, and my plan is to get some zq8 leafs and some adjustable drop shocks. To correct the lean, I'm going to get spacers, as I only have a half inch lean, and the drop shocks only adjust in whole inches if I am correct. So I will raise the driver side up a half an inch with the spacers, then drop it an inch with the shocks for about a four in the front. I know ill be needing a notch in the frame for axle slap, more than likely a low pro crossmember, and to relocate my brake lines under the frame. Is there anything else that I am forgetting that I should/need to do?

·
Luv them hoochies
3,351 Posts
I didn't relocate my brake lines with my notch
I bought some cut coils from a member on here and put 1 on the ps to fix my lean
And I have the bt drop struts and I don't have any spacers on them I'm a 4/5

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't relocate my brake lines with my notch
I'm concerned since I am rolling on 15s still. The crossmember drags on just about all the speed bumps I come into contact with, I don't want the lines to be where the X member is, then drag them when I go over a speed bump.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Each ring on the belltech adjustable drop shocks is good for half an inch. So don't buy spacers if your going to use those shocks. This is how I leveled mine out along with some drop.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I am bringing back this thread really fast. I got some 18s to roll as my dailys, and want to squeeze another inch out of the suspension. Like I said before, I plan on Belltech drop shocks, that way I can get a half inch to an inch more in the front, and level her out, and ZQ8 leafs for an additional inch of drop in the rear, along with some drop shocks in the rear to make the ride a bit better. The wheels are Enkei RT6s, I think 8 inches wide if I measured correctly. I am not currently notched anywhere, no low pro X-member, and still have my front bumpstops. What all should I do to prep for the inch drop I plan to do? I know 3/4 or 4/4 is the max before starting to really commit if that makes sense. Right now, my plans in terms of prep are to pull out the fenders a bit, notch the frame, and bang out my front fender wells to be able to clear the 18s. Iv'e read around that I may also need to notch the bed to clear the diff, and the cab. I have a reg. cab if it helps any. I know this post kinda repeats my first post in this thread, but I read up some more and discovered new ways to prep for dropping her lower. I figured all my final questions in this post can clear anything up I am forgetting/do not know yet. Can't wait to hear from you lowered guys, as all of ya give some kickass advice. :cheers:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Get a JTR x-member ASAP.............another member here rip theirs off the frame while driving @Kwon

A AirBagIt c-notch will vasting improve the feeling of the drop out back.........I rode the bumpstops for years......it was night and day difference once I notched it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a JTR x-member ASAP.............another member here rip theirs off the frame while driving @Kwon

A AirBagIt c-notch will vasting improve the feeling of the drop out back.........I rode the bumpstops for years......it was night and day difference once I notched it
Holy shit!:ugh: Welp, thats next on my todo list.. then a c-notch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts