Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, wife just ordered me new fire and ice bar for our 1 year anniversary. Was just wondering, do all the options work for this thing on our trucks. I remember someone talking about either the brake lights not functioning or the running lights not working. Can someone let me know if they have everything working right with this thing. Would search threads but no time, gotta go, wife needs me, :naughty:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
hahaha "wife needs me" bow chicka wow wow!

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So no probs, I hope to show some pics, night and day when I get this thing, maybe some of me installing wires or what not. Adios.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think hard wire. I dont even know if I have the wiring for the hitch. It was a work truck. DO they all of the hook up under there?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
dont worry, you can easily get to many places where wires are from the back, its real easy to get to the signal housing on either side without any obstacle. Or the stock connector is right near the spare tire, thats where the towing wires tap in. Just buy one of these adapters (plugs in between the two connectors) and use that..

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
heres some pictures
At night brake lights

at night brake/ reverse lights

In the day brake/ reverse lights

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cant see pics yet, im at work, I will look tonight, but from what you wrote, do they work as running lights?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
No they do not work as running lights. My dad has them on his truck also and they dont work as running lights. They work for the blinker, brake, reverse light, and when you use the key fob to lock/ unlock your doors.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
no problem. if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maybe a stupid question, but when you stick this thing to the truck, you do want the leds to point straight back right, or do they look up, and people actually see the side of the leds? I got it by the way. :D

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
double...i know when i put my trailer hitch in it plugs into the connectors which are on the drivers side you drop the spare and its right there...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts