Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im helping my buddy hook up his cd player in his 2003 dodge stratus and well he hooked it up and then he said there was no sound coming from the speakers, besides the obvious he messed up the wiring, any other suggestions? Im going to check his wiring definitely and i was also thinking a poor ground could cause this?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah he had his old unit hooked up through it and it worked fin, but he bought a flip out to replace it and thats what is going in now. It must be the speaker connections, probally has the negatives hooked up to the positives and positives hooked up to negatives. but wouldnt there still be static coming out?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
yeah he had his old unit hooked up through it and it worked fin, but he bought a flip out to replace it and thats what is going in now. It must be the speaker connections, probally has the negatives hooked up to the positives and positives hooked up to negatives. but wouldnt there still be static coming out?

Reversing the leads won't prevent the speakers from working. They will just be 180 degrees out of phase. This is only a problem when some speakers are at 0 degrees and some at 180 - then you get muddy sound.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah its turning on and everything but no sound, i checked the wiring and all my wiring is correct. I was reading about the unit online and alot of other people are having the same problem, and none of them have solutions. Its a jensen, dont know the model number he left and i didnt write it down.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just installed a vm9512 and had no problems with it. But if it turns on there no reason the speakers shouldnt work other than the unit is broke. That is if the wiring is right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts