Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok nation I need help my radio shuts off on me and returns on periodically and resets the clock and only the clock all my presets stay the same sometimes it's less then a minute other times it's a few minutes anyone know what's up??

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd check the fuse for the radio. The presets for many radio's will store in memory, but the clock will reset any time power is cut to it.

The fuse may not be bad, but it may be loose, or the terminals worn.

Does this happen when hitting bumps in the road?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuse under the hood? And yeah for the most part it goes out when I hit a bump.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sounds like you have a loose/poor power or ground wire...check the connection points.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have checked everything where would I find the fuse for the radio under hood or is there an dash area I could check also I dont have some illumination on the radio some lights went out.:wtf:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
i have checked everything where would I find the fuse for the radio under hood or is there an dash area I could check also I dont have some illumination on the radio some lights went out.:wtf:
Have you cleaned the ground points on your fenders? Can cause some weird issues...

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Have you cleaned the ground points on your fenders? Can cause some weird issues...
I had a very similar problem and cleaning the ground points on the fender seems to have fixed it for me.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
The ground point for the radio is G300 located under the drivers seat and the power supply is from 15A fuse number-32.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts