Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, as mentioned in the title, as soon as I connect my battery cables, the radio is switching on, even with the key not on the ignition and doors opened. I dont get any chime from my GMOS adapter neither, no beep at all. All fuses checked, Radio wires also. Reset the pcm by unplugging the negative, blah blah blah... Still on and no chime. I searched in the forum but I have no computer so easier TO ask. Thanks for help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not knowing the exact situation, my suggestion might be somewhat off track. Having said that, I had a 2008 Canyon up until a year ago (upgraded to a Colorado) and I had a problem with the radio coming on AFTER I had removed the key and exited the truck. After this went on for a few weeks I took it to my GM dealer and the ignition switch was determined to be faulty. Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James if it is the door jam which faulty, there should be the chime when you connect the battery câbles, no?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aftermarket radio installed 5 years ago, and working well since I did my v8 swap. Checked all fuses and they are good

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Aftermarket radio installed 5 years ago, and working well since I did my v8 swap. Checked all fuses and they are good
fuses won't mean much if you have an internal short on the unit, that just makes it operate as it would if it was on and working properly. Remove the module and open the box up, I guarantee you will see something melted and shorted internally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts