Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kru,

AceX - Matt, offered a brand new Arc Audio amp up for a raffle. He offered to purchase the amp from his connection and thought it would be cool that all proceeds from the raffle ticket sales to go to Shane's family to help pay for their travel expenses.

Here's the PM he sent me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceX
Hey,

I know that Shane's truck is suposed to be in attendance for the WCSM and I wanted to help out his family somehow.

I can get Arc Audio gear wholesale and thought about getting an amp that we could raffle off to help his family cover the costs of coming down with his truck. I just dudn't want to make it public because I don't want to take the chance that his family would find out.
That sounds like a great idea. I know we have their room taken care of already. The budget is tight but I will present your idea to the staff and will let you know.

Thanks!
~Dan
I'll take care of the cost of the amp.

What do you guys think?

I like the idea. I also think I should invite him into this section so he can give/receive details first hand.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AceX
Registered Users

Chiming in here;

The amp I'm looking at is an entry level XXD1500. It's a 500w class-D amp that they just recently introduced. I figured that this would be a solid product that would appeal to the widest range of people and not break me financially.

The amp retails for $329 but I can get it for substantially less than that, especially once my friends @ Arc Audio learn as to why we're doing this.

My thoughts were to have tickets available @ $5 each. Even if we only sold 30 tickets, that's enough to pretty much cover the gas for Shane's truck to come down. Anything we raise over $200 I would consider a smashing success.

I'm going to call Arc Audio in the morning and talk to them about it. They love stuff like this (and who knows, they might up the ante).

I'll post back up once I have more information and I've had a chance to talk to some people.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I'm going to be grabbing at least one shirt, maybe more to go with the amp (from Arc Audio). What size should I get?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tasina
NorCal355 Street Kru

maybe they are not wanting too many miles on the truck ..you know, to preserve it for a long time. .

i think people will buy tickets whether they want the prize or not, just to support the family. . you guys are very cool that way. . . always ready to help out.
Maybe make a card that everyone can sign to give with the money

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 PM #32
AceX
Registered Users

I wasn't able to score us an amp but I did manage to get two sets of 4" speakers for use to raffle off. I'll be talking with the shop that does all the stereo work on my trucks and see if I can't get something on the cheap from them like Dynamat or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts