Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my way to work on I-95 moving through the traffic when I came up on 2 GLI Jettas (turbo charged stock)... normally I don't race with others on the road but we got to an opening and all 3 of us hit it at around 60 (perfect start for me with my gearing) I jumped out ahead and kept them behind me the whole way to 120 where I slowed down for my exit that was approaching. 1 was brand new with paper plates and all and the other looked to be lightly modded (exhaust, maybe a chip)... wasn't to exciting of a race but definitly a nice refresher since I haven't got a good one in a while. :)

Just goes to show you that chicks belong in jettas, not guys who think they're fast because it's got a turbo the size of a mini-disc :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Reminds me of an exciting race I had the other day in my Super Sport Z71.

I got the jump on a mini van the other day..... We were neck and neck until 15 mph and then I took it all the way up to 45 mph and started pulling on her! I was gone... That will teach her for having so many kids in the van!

Oh, the life of a street racer. My work is never done. :kiki:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

I got the jump on a mini van the other day..... We were neck and neck until 15 mph and then I took it all the way up to 45 mph and started pulling on her! I was gone... That will teach her for having so many kids in the van!

:lmaop: :lmaop: :lmaop:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

:eek: :lmaop: :lmaop:

·
Registered
308 Posts
How much work is done to your truck? I've run a few Xtremes here in Phoenix in MY Jetta and had nothing but truck in my mirror.

·
Registered
308 Posts
:roll: Of course it had to be xtremes!

:kiki2:

Be they Extremes or Xtremes the point still stands.

In no way am I implying that a jetta, or my jetta is for that matter "fast" It just happens to be fast-ER then a stock colorado EXtreme or was on more then one occasion. Honestly I don't get the whole sport truck thing...but hey that's not the discussion now is it :D

·
Registered
342 Posts

That sir is the funniest thing I read all night, I got my ass handed to me on the freeway on ramp the other day by a brand new super duty turbo diesel crew cab dually pulling a trailer with horses in it which was twice the length of my truck. But strangely I didnt feel too bad, I figured he probably had around $50k more invested in his truck than I do in mine.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
That sir is the funniest thing I read all night, I got my ass handed to me on the freeway on ramp the other day by a brand new super duty turbo diesel crew cab dually pulling a trailer with horses in it which was twice the length of my truck. But strangely I didnt feel too bad, I figured he probably had around $50k more invested in his truck than I do in mine.
I'm sure he looked over at you trying to keep up and thought to himself "Cute truck." :kiki2:

·
0 Posts
for real before my colorado i had a 91 acura legend coupe 6 speed pushin 330 hp at the wheels and would get my ass handed to me by turbo diesels all day long thos things are friggin fast

·
Registered
958 Posts
so im curious what does zna03 have done to the truck....

my 3.7 blew a stock for escape outta the water haha, thats about it so far shes only two months old

but i did beat a ss camaro in my old 00 sierra that was lifted 6" on 35s.....i dont think the kid could shift or something....i took him by a fender from 0-70....then he went bye bye...i used to get scared my intercos would pop....

i would love to meet up with some vws....ugh...

Z

·
0 Posts
Its always sad to see some big yuppie redneck 2500 blow your doors off in a street race...So then i just hit some curvy roads and think about the 2500 that would be in a ditch trying to do this...or a base jetta for that matter(handle like ass)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts