Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was headin back to work today at lunchtime and I pulled up beside another colorado at a light. It was a base model truck, dark blue, reg cab, had the worker wheels and whatnot. As I'm pulling up next to him I noticed some stickers on his back window, one being an AEM sticker. I was like..."OOOooo......a modded 355!!!" all excited lol. Get beside him and he had like 5% tint on the windows and some knobby snow tires all the way around.

As soon as he noticed me next to him he starts reving his engine like crazy, and jerking the clutch out to make the truck jump forward!! Sounded like he had some kind of exhaust too, it was pretty loud. So I threw mine in neutral and shot him some of the Magnaflow! The roads were kinda half wet/half dry so I really didn't want to race him because I knew it would be pointless, but he was pretty persistant with his revs so I was like what the hay.

Light turned green and he just dumps the clutch, zero traction. I rolled out of the hole easy then layed into the throttle, but just as I thought, it was useless. lol Everytime I layed into it past half throttle, my truck's ass end would kick out!! It was FUN AS HELL!! hahaha. Pedaling the gas, gettin all squirly for like 500 ft! He was slammin gears pretty good but he wasn't getting nowhere either. Between all the tire spin we kept pretty even.

It was a short run though. I had to turn left on the highway and he kept going straight. Wish I could've tracked him down and given him a card but I was late enough as it was! And it was too damn cold to roll down the window and try to squeeze over the pass side all the way to his truck. lol Hopefully I'll see him around though...

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucky ya didn't slide asses into each other... lol

That thought did run through my mind as it was happening!!! I was thinking......"Boy, how embarassing would it be to slide into this guy!!" hahahaha

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Nice....I have yet to see another colly...while I was in mine. I also seem to SEE them while I'm in my old ladies car. I wish I had business cards with a pic of my truck on em :( :lol:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Lucky ya didn't slide asses into each other... lol
That thought did run through my mind as it was happening!!! I was thinking......"Boy, how embarassing would it be to slide into this guy!!" hahahaha
"How do you want it?"

"Ass to ass....."

lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
Nice, I see 'rados around here everywhere, but the only 1 that isn't stock is 1BADI5 i see his truck everyday on my way home from work, well when it isn't in the shop.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I have never gotten to race a rado around the area...I did race a few S10's though :) *i do not condone street racing and no longer participate in it* hahaha

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I should've known better. I got busted for street racing in my GTP years ago. 6pts and a couple hundred bucks. Ouch....

And I lost to a fucking Integra on top of it!!:ugh:

·
Registered
577 Posts
their is a guy here in athens and he stops at my parents gas station and he has his truck all modded out like harley davidson stuff but he wont visit coloradofans or here though. otherwize all the other collys around here are old people.

i have heard of one around with dual stripes though but i have yet to see it.

noone around here is worth racing. i beat a 4.3 reg cab s10 on the highway though.

J

·
0 Posts
their is a guy here in athens and he stops at my parents gas station and he has his truck all modded out like harley davidson stuff but he wont visit coloradofans or here though. otherwize all the other collys around here are old people.

i have heard of one around with dual stripes though but i have yet to see it.

noone around here is worth racing. i beat a 4.3 reg cab s10 on the highway though.
most of the colorado's in my town are drivin by older men(65+), and there's only one colorado i know of owned by a teenager, and it's a black W/T. dude's weird though. i'm the only modded colly in union though. kinda feel special i guess.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's how it is for the most part around here too. Only a handfull of modded ones, and even that's just like.....a hard cover and tinted windows or something.

And since this thread was resurrected, I might as well tell of another kill instead of starting a new thread (like geeds would do....loser)

Took down a 07 Crew Cab Ram with the Hemi!!! I was pretty pumped about it. I don't even have my intake on. My buddy and I were going to dinner with our ole ladies and the way we took, we caught like every single light!! I didn't go from every light though cause of po-po, but once we got a lil further out of town, it was go time! Took him by a truck-length. Then we went from a roll and I stayed ahead of him there too. We got to the restaurant and he's like....."Yea, I gotta get an Exhaust or something. I can't have a little 5cyl beating me!" hahahahaha

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
I've seen the Colorado around that you ran against. Usually in Fairlawn where I work. What area do you work in?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts