Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put new wheels with the lift and having a hard time finding the right one to work the first time I order them. I'm sticking with 16" wheels with 285's on them, I know I need 4.5 back spacing with a center bore of 101.6mm to fit over the 100mm on the 3. I would like to stick with the hub centric but if not I just want a set that will work.

This is what I would like to buy just need to be 110% sure on them.

Pro Comp Alloy Wheels Part 5029-6883 - La Paz Series 29, 16X8 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black - - 4 Wheel Parts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
To run 285s, 4.5" backspacing is the absolute max you can get away with. It will leave very little clearance to the upper ball joint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I knew that, but I assumed the spindles were more or less the same, as Rancho gives the same wheel specs for the 355.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
It depends on the size and position of the upper ball joint. Ive Never seen the h3 ball joints. But I was real close to rubbing the UBJ with 17x8 4.5 bs and 285s and rancho kit. I'm now using 5mm spacers so I don't rub so much when I air down my front tires.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You won't find a hub-centric wheel for these trucks. I don't know of any other vehicles with a 101mm hub so it really narrows the marketability of a wheel to make it with that centerbore. That said, lug-centric wheels work just fine.

If you really want hub-centric as well, you could add hub-centric rings to your new wheels, though you might have to get them custom made if you want aluminum rather than plastic.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the end I went with a set of motorsport-tech spacers for the time being.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm running a half ass 1.5" spacer right now on the OEM wheel with the back spacing of 5.84". I think when I get back into buying new wheels I'll just go to a shop that I can test on the front wheel.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just a heads up the h3's and colorado's aren't hub centric. They use conical seat lugs to center the wheel.
The H3's are, center bore is 100mm and our wheels have a 101.6mm center bore. I'll post photos when I get my new spacers.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I forgot the h3T's are a different chassis over the old ones. Still regardless if you are hub centric or not, if you buy rims with conical seats you don't necessarily need a hub centric wheel. I just looked at the hub specs and it's almost identical to the colorados and earlier H3's, just better materials and a different design for the axle nut seat.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot the h3T's are a different chassis over the old ones. Still regardless if you are hub centric or not, if you buy rims with conical seats you don't necessarily need a hub centric wheel. I just looked at the hub specs and it's almost identical to the colorados and earlier H3's, just better materials and a different design for the axle nut seat.
The guys that I just ordered my spacers also make Hub-Centric Rings so you tell them your bore and the new wheels bore and it'll make a ring to bridge the gap make it hub centric again.

Hub Centric Rings, Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers | Motorsport Tech

1 - 12 of 12 Posts