Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking into it and have been trying to trouble shoot it for the past 2 weeks. Endless internet research. The problem got worse after i swap spark plugs with Acdelco Iridium spark plugs. The mis fire would be a random surge when at idel stop but once in a full moon after the swap of plugs the truck when cold has multiple mis fires and once warm goes away. I've replace spark plugs, battery, coolant temp sensor. I've been thinking about switching spark plugs to try my luck. Last thing I'm wanting is the head. It's a 3.5 i5 with 148,000 miles any light or info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just replaced cam shaft solenoid. I'm looking into the MAP sensor now. If that dosent work. Then must be something with the head or injectors. I just barelt got a code for p0300 multiple misfire. And lot of what I'm looking has to do with the MAP sensor. If this dosent solve it i don't know what will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what i thought bought brand new plugs the original type that came out of the motor. Ran fine for a day and went back to running terrible. I've also thought that it could be a cat. If the MAP sensor is a fail. I'll just be taking it to my mechanic. I've been planning on selling the truck. Which sucks because now i haveto put more money in it to get it to run right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the cam shaft position solenoid wasn't throwing a code just p0300. Left the selenoid un plugged on accident ran the same. Then i noticed it. Lol found the proper way to swap out the solenoid started it up and ran perfect! And the other was made in dam china! Hah

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp cam back :/ i didn't set the gap on the original spark plugs (new). It's not as bad as it was and only happens when i com to a stop while in drive. I can pull into my drive way put in park and wont mis fire. Think i should pull out the plugs and set the gap? When check at auto zone the gap was 0.045 or 0.050. I know that the set is 0.040. Would this really make a difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts