Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a rattle on the driver side of my truck that almost seems near the top of the wheel well, if your sitting in the truck it’s maybe even just to the right of it. I hear it going over bumps and sometimes it’s worse than others. Took it to my mechanic and he didn’t know what it was, I tightened up the wheel well itself and that wasn’t it and nothing under or in the truck seems loose. I’m at a loss so I’m seeing if anyone has any suggestions, thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well please tell us what you found was the cause..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven’t found it yet, I’m befuddled at what it could be. My buddy works at the dealership so we’re gonna take a look at it after work early next week. Let me know if you have any ideas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a small driver-side rattle that seems like it is up front near the wheel well. Mine turned out to be the front grill rattling a little bit, even though all the fasteners are in place.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a very similar "noise" when going over small bumps, frost heaves etc with my 2010 z85 4x4. It ended up being sway bar related caused by a slight mismatch in front end height which applied constant torque upon the sway bar, the bushings and end links. Matching front end height left to right ceased a lot of the noise but the long term mismatch that was present before I bought the truck had worn out the bushings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts