Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: reg cab boxes/subs

i bought a reg cab silverado box from a buddy. he got it from supercrewsound.com and it fit and worked great behind my seat! im right at 6" and i lost verry little to no leg room. i had 2 audibaugh 10s in the box

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Re: reg cab boxes/subs

i bought a reg cab silverado box from a buddy. he got it from supercrewsound.com and it fit and worked great behind my seat! im right at 6" and i lost verry little to no leg room. i had 2 audibaugh 10s in the box
I just checked and this box is $100. pretty good deal.

·
DoYouThinkICare
115 Posts

i made my own and they turned out good.have to redo them due to my height, lost a little leg room but not bad.i would make your own so you can have them the way you want with the depth and height and so forth.the subs are powerbass m10d sounds very very good for tens

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

ive got a box in there already that i built but im just getting annoyed due to the loss of leg room like yourself. im just curious on what subs/ box dimensions people have done to help out this issue.

blaines looks like he got some decent angles on his but thats with 10s.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

just since we are all posting up pics and other reg cab guys might see this:

i just dont recommend going with anything thats gonna give you a loss of leg room. if your under 6 ft tall it prob wouldnt matter to lose a little but for me it gets annoying on long rides.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts

Theres a member on CF selling his system he said he might part it out. He has some nice boxes. heres the boxes

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

dammit so in order to run 12s and keep all my leg room i better learn to glass haha. im gonna prob take another stab at this over winter break or wait til the summer when its warm again. i love the snow but the cold blows...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

I love this....and I never heard anyone complain about it that gets in my truck.....

I know its only one ten....but it still hits pretty damn good.......with a stock hu even.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

dude solos hit HARD. thats pretty sweet. would give me ALL of my behind seat room too...hmm. i think im gonna try a shallow mount pioneer or something. with the box i have now i built it to be somewhat shallow but i had to add a bit to fit the sub that i had lying around so i think i could gain 1-2" of room of sliding the seat back. i know it doesnt sound like much but it makes just enough of a difference. so many options....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

OMG idk why i jsut thought of this....i could just flip my box around basically. that would allow me to gain the leg room without a different box or anything...i only did it the way i have it so that the sub would be in the middle of the cab..does it make that much of a diff just having one sub on the passenger side? if sound quality isnt effected im all about just doing that. any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

it will sound fine. now someone make me a box that doesn't lose any space behind the seats :kiki:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

hahaha. just go for a blow through lol. thats will keep every inch of space...in the cab at least...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

i have a really nice box that fits behind our reg cab seats and it goes all the way back! It holds two tens. Sell it for 75 buxs plus shipping

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

got pics of it khk?

ive got 3/4 of a sheet of mdf sitting in my basement so i'll prob take a stab at another box to house the 12 i have. incase anyone else wants it give you the free exposure lol and if its sick maybe i'll be looking into 10s lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

once im done with the exterior, and some interior stuff, and the truck is out of my parents name. I will be doing a blowthrough :) until then i ride bassless lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

khk how much u spend on that enclosure u pictured? id love something like that without the mids.. how many cuft is the subs enclosure?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts